Back Down With Third Wheel

I used clairvoyance to see myself in the third person. I see exactly what Satou was talking about.

My face...

Was completely red...

What the hell was wrong with me? This isn't normal at all. My face never randomly turned red before. And I can't think of any possible reason for it to do so!

Sure my face feels a bit hot, and my heart is pounding extra fast, and I feel very nervous and anxious right now, and my mind seems to be extra focused on nothing but Satou right now but...

Why would my face be red? Am I just embarrassed? No, it doesn't feel like embarrassment...

It must be something else then, but what?

"Hey, are you done catching him yet? We got to go or else we'll be super left behind!" Toritsuka shouted.

Yare yare. He's so annoying.

Satou quickly let go of me, first making sure I was on balance. He turned away and began walking. I felt a frown tug at my face.

It's unusual for me to wear many physical features on my face. Like a smile or a frown. So this tug down felt almost foreign to me.

     Toritsuka began walking too. I followed. The distance between me and Satou was separated by that stupid medium.

     He was in my way, I wanted to walk with Satou again but this idiot was keeping me from it.

     What's with Saiki lately?

     Hm? Satou's thinking about me?

     It was so weird. When I woke him up he placed a hand on my cheek. Then later when I caught him and prevented him from falling, it seemed like his heartbeat was extra fast, almost like he was nervous about something.

     Ah crap, he might be getting the wrong idea of some sort. He's analyzing my mistake from earlier. I don't know how well this will end, but I don't think it will end...Well.

     And not even to mention his face...It was very red like he was blushing about something. Hmm...

     Hey! Wait wait wait wait!

     Oh but maybe he was just embarrassed! He did almost fall. Naturally, anyone would get embarrassed by that! I'm sure that It!

     ...Yeah. Exactly that. I guess I was embarrassed. It's slightly strange because I rarely have that emotion. But I guess I didn't understand what it felt like, that's probably what it was. Satou was right.

     Hey, wait a second! He saved me before on the bridge, he caught me before I fell down. And then, just now, I caught him and prevented him from falling! Hehe, I guess that means we're even now!

     ...

     Heh, sure Satou. I guess that means we are even.

     We continued down the mountain. It was very dark and Toritsuka had the only flashlight. The others had more flashlights up ahead but they were a ways away ahead of us.

     I don't need a flashlight to know where I'm going, I could easily find my way back down the mountain in the darkness with the use of any of my smallest abilities.

I can't say the same about the other two. If that flashlight went out they would freak out and get even more lost in the process of trying to find their way back

     "Ah crap! The battery just went out!"

     Toritsuka said as we were left in complete darkness.