Secrets and Powers

Satou stood there frozen, his eyes widened. He was surprised, but so was I. Why would I tell him something so risky like that? Telling him about my powers is undoubtedly a bad idea, right?

But Satou said I could trust him. I'm going to and I'm gonna hold him to his word. Maybe I can trust him to stay calm and not panic when he sees my abilities.

But can I trust the most average person in the world to conceive the most abnormal and supernatural powers in existence and keep them to himself while remaining completely calm?

The thing I'm most worried about Is when I show him my powers and he's not able to process them. He then loses all his perfection and averageness and changes drastically out of the shock.

That's the worst-case scenario with an unknown probability of it happening. I could risk losing him entirely if my luck redirects the wrong way. I could lose him as a friend or as anything more! I don't want that to happen.

It would be the best decision to not tell him anything. It would reduce all risks and he would still consider me just as average as he is.

I wouldn't lose anything by saying nothing. Yeah, I shouldn't tell him...I shouldn't...I can't...I won't...I...

I...

...I told him I would...

...I said I would tell him...

...I did...

...And I will...

...I will tell Satou about my powers...

It's up to him how he will react. I'm just a little nervous. Not everything about Satou is predictable. I hope he doesn't take it too hard at the end.

     But there's no guarantee anything bad won't happen...

     "Are-Are you sure, Saiki? Are you comfortable telling me your secret?"

Satou took a step closer.

"You seem pretty adamant about telling me. You don't have to if you really don't want to you know..."

     I shook my head,

     "It fine, I want to tell you. I think you should know. I've caused a lot of chaos for you and I don't want to leave you in confusion. I owe you this." I proclaimed.

     Satou seemed hesitant. He had a concerned expression on his face and was worried he was forcing me to confess instead of me doing it willingly.

"I promise Satou. I mean what I say. I will tell you, everything."

Satou calmed down a little knowing I meant what I said and was fully willing to reveal my big secret.

Let's just hope for the best. And if it just happens to come down to it...

I might just have to hurt my conscience again...

Like at new years...

After me and Satou spent some time alone in the dark together on a secluded mountain away from everyone else while the rest of our group was far ahead of us...

Oh, get your mind out of the gutter.

We started running back down to where the others were. And, since it was so dark I was able to teleport us to a much closer location, and thankfully, Satou didn't notice.

Although I did have to grab his wrist to be able to teleport. When he asked, a bit taken aback, I gave him the excuse that it was dark and we would trip if we didn't have the other for support.