An Average Point of View

My name is Satou Hiroshi, and I am a reformed psychic. At least, that's what I've been told by my psychic friend, Kusuo.

     For some reason, Kusuo assumed I had psychic powers based on the things that happened around me. It didn't make much sense to me but I believed him, and just the other day he removed those powers with the help of a psychic limiter.

     The limiter went into my head and before he stuck it in he knocked me out so I wouldn't feel anything. I woke up a while later with the hole in my head sealed and my psychic powers gone.

     He did a great job. And now thanks to him I can live a life that's unbounded by average psychic powers! At least, according to him.

     Yare yare...

     I didn't find a way into his head...I had to resort to...alternative measures...but we don't talk about that...

     "So Kusuo, what do you think will be the first exciting thing to happen to me? Now that my average psychic powers are gone, I can do so much more!

     I never realize my life was uneventful until after I met you. Now that I'm free from a world of forced boringness I can do anything in the world! Right?"

     Right, that's what I'm afraid of. I took a risk sticking the limiter into his...um...into him. Kusuke informed me that there was a slight risk to removing his protective psychic powers.

     He told me there was a chance removing them could result in him losing his average nature completely, so I'm a little worried.

     I will keep a close eye on him to better preserve his average state from now on. I have a feeling removing his powers was more risky than intended.

"Hiroshi, do you feel any different? Any obvious changes you've noticed so far?" I asked him.

He thought for a minute with his finger on his chin and hummed. "Hmm, nothing obvious, however, I do feel like a weight has been lifted off of me. I feel less bounded now. Could that be something?"

     Hmm, that seems to be good, the limiter is doing something. But how effective, I'm not sure. I'll monitor his every move and odd behavior or action. I'll be watching him every time and everywhere I can.

     It's the next day after I put the limiter into Hiroshi. He and I are walking to school together. As soon as we reach the front gates I sigh in annoyance as Nendo, Kaido, and Kuboyasu bombard us in the courtyard.

"Hey, buddy! Good morning!" Nendo yells at me. Yare yare. Kuboyasu and Kaido follow behind with annoying greetings too.

"Hey, Saiki!"

"Good morning, Saiki. I hope you had a peaceful rest last night because I was up all night battling The Dark Reunion all by myself! I would have invited you but it was too dangerous!" Kaido spouts.

     Yeah, whatever.

The group spots Hiroshi beside me and goes for him next. Normally, my initial response would be to protect him from those unaverage idiots but I want to see if they are able to waver his averageness in any way.

     "Hey, buddy's boring friend! What's up!" Stupid Nendo. Hiroshi is perfect as boring as he is, you stupid giant gorilla man.

"U-Uh...Um...M-My names S-Satou, Satou Hiroshi." He shuddered, feeling threatened and scared by Nendo's intensity and obnoxiousness.