Vanessa slowly opened her eyes. "I was doing it a moment ago." She rose slightly and looked at Rebecca. "The right question is, why are you already dressed?"

"The wedding starts in a few hours!" Rebecca replied.

She was wearing a long, pale pink silk dress with floral motifs.

"Becks, it's 7 o'clock."

"Exactly!" Rebecca went to the windows and opened the curtains. "Come on, get dressed!"

"I haven't had any coffee yet. I'll get dressed after I've had at least one."

"I'm not moving from here until you get dressed."

Vanessa got out of bed and headed for the door. "As you wish. Stay here. I'm going for coffee."

"Yeah, I won't move—"

Vanessa didn't listen to Rebecca and went straight downstairs. She made herself some coffee and went back up to her room.

Rebecca was still standing there waiting for her.

"Becks, this is ridiculous. You're not going to let me be, are you?"

"Not until you get dressed! Owen and Jessica are getting married any minute now."

"The wedding starts at noon."

Rebecca crossed her arms and sat down in the armchair by the window. "I hope you'll be more excited, at least about my wedding," she muttered sullenly.

"God, you are such a drama queen."

Vanessa quickly drank her coffee and opened the wardrobe.

She took out a long satin strapless dress with a tight corset and put it on. The color was iridescent, from light gray at the top to dark gray down. A simple dress that looked dazzling on Vanessa's body.

"What do you say, Becks?"

"You look great, Nessa! The hair and makeup artist will be here any minute. Let's go to my room. We only have two hours to get ready."

"I don't need a hairstyle." Vanessa stood in front of the mirror and fixed her still-disheveled hair. "Look, my hair looks great."

"Yeah, yeah." Rebecca took her hand and led her to her room.

At 10 o'clock, the girls were ready. Rebecca's hair was styled in a tight high bun. Her makeup was in light and soft shades, matching her overall look.

Vanessa did not want complicated hairstyles, so the hairdresser left her hair loose but styled it in light waves. Her makeup was also minimal and natural, although the makeup artist eventually convinced her to apply dark red lipstick, which stood irresistibly on her lips and accentuated them against her overall simple look.

"Now, would you mind telling me what we're supposed to do for the next few hours?" Vanessa asked.

"We're going to the beach!"

Without waiting for an answer, Rebecca grabbed Vanessa's hand and led her downstairs. The two got into the car, waiting for them at the house entrance.

Vanessa still couldn't understand why anyone would choose the beach as their wedding venue. It was incomprehensible to her how it was possible to walk on the sand in heels with long dresses.

Until they arrived and everything made sense.

From the street, a wide wooden path was built across the sand down to the shore, at the end of which stood a colossal altar strewn with wonderful hanging flowers with white blooms. Chairs for the guests were arranged on podiums on both sides. All this was surrounded in a semi-circle by long tables covered with white tablecloths to the ground. Rebecca had helped Jessica with the organization, and everything was prepared down to the minor details in just a week. After the ritual, the chairs would be put away, and the dance floor would be formed in their place.