It came as a surprise to you that out of all people, it was Zeke who had given the order to keep you tied and in check. Was he on this airship? He has to be, how else would he have given the idea? The thought came to another question in your head as many more questions arose. You wondered as to why he was here, a ship filled with all his enemies he vowed to be against.

You scoff. "It was Zeke who wanted me tied up? Why is— what is going on? What happened? I was a titan fighting Eren and next thing you know I'm here."

Levi stands up with a grunt. He brings a hand and scratches the top of his head, an act to show his irritation, maybe frustration, maybe both. You watch, attentively, waiting for his answer as he paces around the room. He's rummaging through the many words and ways to explain to you, but there was so much to say. In the long, dreadful, years of being apart, there were many revelations that brought him and the Survey Corps to this point. He figured that you weren't aware of any subsequent plans that were made. You are a mother, after all. After giving birth, you spent most of your time caring for Isabel and Farlan that any sort of training or political drama seemed to have skipped you.

How ridiculous was it that you were thrown into battle with no knowledge of how, what, or why.

Finally, with a long exhale, Levi turns to you with an idea of a string of words that he hoped would be comprehensible.

"It came as a surprise to many of us that you were the Warhammer Titan, that you even possessed such a power. It was Eren's plan to take it, that's why you two were in combat. But when we found out who he was fighting, we had to put a stop to it. I had to put a stop to it. I saved both you and Eren's asses back there."

It was hard to take in all the information but you kept quiet and still, anticipating for more, which Levi gladly provided.

"Eren was about to kill you. The Jaw Titan was about to kill Eren. You were lucky I came when I did."

"Just you?"

"Everyone was there."

"Everyone?" It came to your attention that you had met Hange, Levi, and now Eren. Perhaps, just right out the door of the room you were held in, were more faces you have not seen in many years. "Mikasa, Jean, Connie, Sasha, Commander Erwin, um—"

Levi winces at the name of the Commander. That's right, you had left before Erwin died. There's a tug at his heart. Guilt and anger woven into one emotion in itself. "Not everyone..."

Confused, you tilt your head. "What do you mean?"

Levi furrows his brows and just as he opens his mouth to speak, a loud gunshot fills the ship. Loud chatter from the many soldiers in the other room have come to an instant halt, now it's gasps, shouts, and screams. There is silence that breaks the conversation between you and Levi. For a moment, both of you are quiet and unsettling thoughts seep into your minds. However, these thoughts are pushed to the back of your minds before they're considered too much.

"Untie me, now, Levi." Not a question but a demand. Levi obliges and quickly gives you the relieving comfort of untied wrists. There are red markings to prove how tight the rope was. Finally, you stand up, right next to Levi, and you both sprint to the middle of the ship.

-

Wide eyes, mouths agape, silence and screams both at once.

"Sasha?"

There's a sudden rush of a crowd towards a laying body. Two guns are cocked, ready to fire. Jean Kristein and Gabi Braun are ready to aim from across the room. However, there are no more deaths, just missed shots and the thud of Falco pushing Gabi into the wall before she could cause any more harm.

"Sasha! Stay with us!"

"Someone cover the wound, hurry! Fucksake."

The commotion seemed to have gotten to you instantly, quickly making you rush towards the body, leaving Levi behind. As you push through the crowd, you're begging—no, aching. There's a sense of impending doom that replaces all the blood in your body, striking you with anxiety, anger, and overwhelming sorrow.

When you make your way through the standing bodies of soldiers you don't recognize, you see a terrified Jean and Connie looming over Sasha's body. Their hands are shaking her shoulders, she's limp in their grasp.

You ignore the whispers of your name and kneel next to your old friends. "Sasha?"

Her eyes, which look too heavy for her to keep open, slowly make their way to your face. She desperately wants to hug you but her strength just isn't there to help her. You ignore the surprised expressions on Jean and Connie's face. You also ignore the tears that well up in your eyes, or maybe you don't even notice them. All you could see was how tired Sasha was.

"They're... so loud." Sasha manages to say. "(Y/N)... you're here."

What you don't know is that she is so grateful to see your face. What a sight to see when you're on the brink of death, a long lost friend once thought was gone for good. It's a blessing and a curse. Could she rest knowing that she could never share her new-found favourite meals with you?

"So... is the food ready?" She mutters, almost incomprehensible but you're close enough to hear her. "Meat..."

Her wound is being treated, wrapped in an old roll of white bandages. But it doesn't help. She passes before the bleeding could fully stop. You gently wrap your arms around her limp body, not minding any of her blood that stains your skin and clothes. You're so careful with her body as you cry into her shoulder. The look on her face rips through you as much as the bullet ripped through her.

Mikasa and Armin join you. In another scenario, this would all be a big hug from your friends that you love so dearly. They don't say a word to you, just melancholic looks of acknowledgment. Everyone mourns, crying above Sasha's corpse as if it could bring her back to life.

After all these years, your reunion with your friends was just a goodbye.