Chapter Thirty-Four | Crazy

- Tamara Myers -

I rake through my hair, and apply the last of my mascara before grabbing my bag and leaving out the door. For a while, I've been wanting to get some work done, I have a philosophy test coming up in two days and I thought now would be the time to procrastinate.

Jasmine is rubbing off on me.

The homework has been piling up for a while, not to mention, my philosophy class has a lot of things to remember. I'd like to say that I'm good at remembering things but my brain simply wants to remove philosophy from existence.

Ironic that philosophy and ethics is the bane of my existence. Well, that and probably chemistry.

I could only dream of being a STEM girl.

I walk down the stairs and take my phone out of my bag, texting Jasmine. She's gone to stay with her older brother for the week, leaving me on my own.

Sure, I could go to visit Enzo and Kai's place but I won't get anything done.

I walk into the student common room and find a couple students already there working on their projects. I find an empty table and sit down, taking my laptop out and plugging my earphones into my phone.

I notice someone slide next to me and I see Enzo. I guess it was going to happen eventually.

"Hey Tamara, what are you doing?"

I remove my earphones from my ears and pause my music, turning to him. "Umm, I was just reviewing my philosophy notes. Why, what's up?" I reply.

Enzo scratched his head and looks to his left and right frantically. "Do you remember that crazy that was chasing after me?" I nod and gesture for him to continue, "yeah, well turns out it was James' sister in her senior year of high school and she's somewhere on campus looking for me."

Well shit.

Honestly, I see no reason why a girl two years below us should be coming into a whole other school to find a nineteen year old.

I actually remember people back home involving their older siblings when they got into an argument. But that was back in primary school?

"Do you want me to come help you find her?" I ask, closing the tabs down on my laptop and shutting it off completely.

He shakes his head and waves his finger, "hell no, I need you to protect me in case she finds me."

This boy is 6'4, plays hockey and is about to be a lawyer so has to be intimidating. Why is he scared of a seventeen year old?

I sigh and place my laptop in my bag, "Fine Enzo, let's go."

Enzo waits as I get up and we walk out of the common room outside and sit on a bench.

"So where's your lover boy?" He asks, taking a sandwich out of his bag.

"His dad is back for a couple days so he went over to catch up. He brought Nova as well." I laugh. Grabbing my hairband, I tie it up into a bun away from my face, but end up pulling the front strands out to frame my face.

Yes, it defeats the purpose but it's a habit.

Enzo nods and lays his head back and rests his arms on the back of the bench, looking at the clouds. I look at his duffel bag and see notes spilling out so I have to ask. "How's law going for you then?"

He takes one look at me and I know that I've crushed his mood, "I'm not sure that I even want to be a lawyer anymore. This workload is way to much. I'm an upbeat guy, sure I have the capability of doing it, but being serious about peoples' lives is just not something I think I can do."