Chapter Nine | Procrastination

- Tamara Myers -

After an eventful couple of days I'm finally ready to continue the English assignment. Look at me being productive - I even turned in all four of my philosophy essays despite two of them being late.

I did text Kai that I was ready to continue so now I'm taking the treacherous long stair route up to their place. The lift isn't working and there's a kid passed out in front of it blocking it entirely.

Looks like I wasn't the only one with an eventful couple days.

I knock on the boys' dorm room and Enzo opens the door. "Tamara, just the girl I wanted to see! How are you?" He greets, letting me into the room.

"I'm great a bit tired though, thanks Enzo. You?"

"Horrible! I'm so glad you asked. All of this course work is doing my head in. Like my mother at home would say 'me hierve la sangre'. I can't do this." He falls back onto his bed, dramatically resting his hand on his forehead.

I know he's partly exaggerating but I get how stressful it can be. I sit next to him and pat his shoulder twice, "There, there." I say awkwardly.

He sits up and barks a laugh, "Damn T, you suck at this."

My hands go up in surrender, "I am sorry! I don't really know what to say. Back home when someone is stressed we literally say 'same' and move on." I shrug.

It's depressing how much we all relate to each other.

Enzo wipes a tear from his eye, "I need to meet your old friends. Further education is not for the weak."

I swear I said something similar a while back.

"What are you doing here anyway?" He asks.

"Um, I was supposed to continue the English assignment with Kai. But he isn't here."

"Yep, he went on a jog. He'll be back though, leaving me with folders and folders of rules and cases." Enzo sighs.

A light bulb pops up in my head, as I pull my phone out of my pocket. "I think I may know someone that could help with your dilemma." Because of the time difference, my mum will be awake now, probably making a cup of coffee.

I take a chance, dialling her number, "Hello Mara." My mum greets, drinking her cup of coffee as I knew she would be.

"Hey mum, I'm with my friend Enzo who's doing law and is a bit confused. Think you could help?" I ask.

Enzo is out of frame but blows me a dramatic kiss and mimes hugging me from behind the camera.

"Of course, let me speak to him." Before I get the chance to give him the phone, Enzo grabs the phone from me and turns it to his direction.

"Hello Mrs Myers, I'm Enzo, your daughter's best friend. I'm also a huge fan of your work and love what you stand for." I can't help rolling my eyes when he introduces himself.

My mum laughs with a huge smile, "Nice to meet you Enzo. Tamara is finally letting me meet one of her friends, and her best friend nonetheless! Dream come true." I can tell by her tone that she's joking around, "now she told me that you needed help, how can I help you?"

Enzo turns to me and mouths, "You're mom is the best." He pulls a folder and his laptop from under his bed, telling my mum about the case he's learning about.

The front door opens with a sweaty Kai walking in, taking out his earphones. Dear Lord.

"Oh Myers, you're hear already? Hey." He sweeps his hair back that falls on his face. I'm about to answer when Enzo shushes him.