¹⁴. ᶜʰᵃᵒᵗⁱᶜ ᵉˣᵖˡᵃⁱⁿⁱⁿᵍ/ᶜᵒᵐᵖˡᵃⁱⁿⁱⁿᵍ

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."

»»--⍟--««
𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷𝟺

Tom started the car and pressed the backward button, driving away from his haunted house and Robotnik's devil van. But one of Robotnik's agents arrived soon after Tom left. Agent Stone parked his blacked van near Robotnik's, opening the car door and suddenly realizing a car which passed by him wasn't who he think it is. With a sense of creased brows expressed on his face, he enters the damaged house to see Robotnik unable to get up from the floor.

 "Doctor! Are you okay?" Stone grabs Robotnik's hand and lifts him up,
"I saw a man race out of here and I thought-"

"That you should stop them?" Robotnik death glares at his agent, pissed off at what he had missed.

 "Open your mouth, and say you thought that you should stop them." Robotnik persisted, Stone gulping his saliva.

"No, I thought that maybe I should check to see if you were okay-" Before talking even further, Robotnik shuts his mouth by gripping his mouth with his fist.

"You know what's the hard about being the smartest person in the world?" Robotnik asks, impolitely.

"Everyone else seems stupid." Stone muffles.

"Stupid, yes! Way to go! You got that one." Robotnik bawls, cleaning his fist by rubbing it on Stone's shirt.

"Whatever this creature is, it's our job to secure it, neutralize it, uncover the source of its power. And if it resists, we take it apart... Piece by piece. See what makes it tick." Robotnik wears his black retro‐looking glasses which were wonky and not in usual shape, making him look quite ridiculously dumb.

"Stone?"

"Doctor."

"Call optical illusions. Tell them I need new frames." Robotnik demands, chucking his glasses away.
 "They know what kind I like. Oh, and bring those quills." Robotnik instructs
again, departing the house.

 "Yes, doctor."

On the sign, it was labelled:

"𝓦𝓮𝓵𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓽𝓸
𝙒𝙚𝙡𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙤
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐓𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐁𝐢𝐠' 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫!
ᴘᴏᴘ 1981 ◆ ᴇʟᴇᴠ.3445 ꜰᴛ"

Next to the sign stood a metallic grey car, gliding along the road with effortless grace. Within the vehicle, a man sat at the helm, accompanied by his two peculiar, uncanny, hallucinatory, and almost surreal companions. Were they his? Well, let's examine further shall we?

𖣘

"All right, pal. And gal. You both need to start talking right now. Who are you guys?" Tom began, pumping the two for information, "What are you?"

"We're hedgehogs! I feel like that's obvious." (Y/N) rejoinders, considering Tom's last question.

"Yeah, and we're in big trouble." Sonic spoke quite miserably.

 "Oh, you're both in trouble? You're not the one who punched some sort of government weirdo over there." Tom retorts back, making it seem like he did most of the job done.

"You think you have problems? We lost our rings!" Sonic implied.

 "Yeah!" (Y/N) agreed.

"Rings? What are you talking about?" Tom questioned, looking back at the road in front of him.

 "Okay. Rings are how all advanced cultures travel between worlds. And now ours are on top of a pointy building I've only ever seen on your skin-tight t-shirt." Sonic explains, Tom responding with a "Hey." as he referred that explanation quite offendedly to what Maddie bought him. Although, he know they were telling the truth but he didn't want to upset Maddie.

"It's true," (Y/N) began, nodding in agreement with Tom's assessment of the T-shirt.

"Doesn't mean you make fun of it!" Tom replys falsely.

"Anyways so, I'd like you to take us to San Francisco, so we can get our rings back and use them to go to the Mushroom Planet." Sonic pleads.