²⁷. ᴮᵃᶜᵏ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ᵐⁱˢˢⁱᵒⁿ

"It's not the destination, it's the journey

"It's not the destination, it's the journey."

  »»--⍟--««
𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 27

𝚃𝚘𝚖'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅: 🤠🍩

After inspecting the truck, I made my way back inside the house, only to discover its sorry state. The vehicle was riddled with dents and shattered windows, yet miraculously, the engine still functioned. The thought of enduring a grueling journey all the way to San Francisco in such a wretched condition was unimaginable. Determined to break the news to Maddie, I closed the door behind me, clutching a sizable black bag in my hands. Just as I did so, Maddie descended the stairs, arriving at the perfect moment, fixing her hair as she had arrived downstairs.

"Hey." I bellowed with a voice lower than a whisper.

"Hey." She echoes back in response but with a charming tone.

"So, my truck still runs, but it's pretty much totaled." I inform to Maddie defeatedly, my face entirely concerned (and quite frankly almost going to laugh) about the question I was itching to ask Maddie. 

"You think your sister would mind if we borrowed her car?" I ask, lacking confidence. The question made me really uptight, since Maddie seemed to be troubled by what I had asked.

"I-" As soon Maddie was about to speak, her sister just had to cut her off.

"You have got to be kidding me!" She interrupts loudly, and we both don't even face at her. Instead, Maddie seemed to be thinking the same thing as me. 'Ignore her'.

"She'll be fine." I protest.

"Yeah, let's do that." She agrees blankly along with a shrug, verifying that it was no big deal for her.

"Mm-hmm."

...

"This is my house!" She roars outrageously, her body quivering with vexation. Then, she quickly turns to the door timorously, fearful of what they will do with her car so she watches the two escape from here, grabbing her car keys on the way.

-

(𝖸/𝖭)'𝖲 𝖯𝖮𝖵:💖

I observed Tom and Maddie swiftly shutting the door behind them, promptly manoeuvring themselves towards a sleek cyan-coloured car. With a single press of a button, they effortlessly unlocked it, causing the car to emit a comical honk that elicited a giggle from Sonic, who stood beside me. "Did that car just fart?" He inquired with curiosity, a mischievous smile adorning his face. I couldn't help but chuckle in response to his question. Meanwhile, the two adults appeared so eager to enter the vehicle that we simply observed from a distance, standing beside a worn-out, weathered vehicle.

"Come on guys, get in." Maddie hurriedly tells us, and she hastily places a black bag Tom was holding into the car's trunk.

"Who's car is this?" I approached the car alongside Sonic, my voice tinged with suspicion and hesitation. My face betrayed a mix of concern and confusion, mirroring the uncertainty that accompanied each cautious step I took.