²⁶. ᵀʰᵉ ᵗᵃˡᵏ

"Every second in every moment is worth the living

"Every second in every moment is worth the living."

»»--⍟--««
𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 26

ᴊᴏᴊᴏ's ᴘᴏᴠ: 🥭

As the two hedgehogs sat together engaged in conversation, I decided it was the perfect moment to surprise them with a gift, both as a guest in Uncle Tommy's house and as a friend. With the gifts concealed in front of me, I stood before them, their expressions filled with curiosity and wonder. First, I directed my gaze towards the blue hedgehog, a warm smile spreading across my face.

The gift I held was meant solely for him, knowing that the (F/C) hedgehog would prefer something more interactive. With a gentle flourish, I presented a pair of simple red trainers that had once belonged to Uncle Tom, now worn out from use.

"So you won't hurt your feet anymore!" I exclaimed, my hands cradling the insides of the shoes as Sonic watched in disbelief.

"Really?" he whispered in awe, his eyes shining with gratitude. I nodded eagerly, thrilled to bring him a moment of joy.

"No one's ever given me a gift before," Sonic remarked, his words etching a memorable moment in my mind.

"Well, I suppose I should check that off the bucket list?" (Y/N) retorted with a playful smirk, earning a playful elbow from Sonic as we all shared a lighthearted moment. With care, Sonic inserted each shoe, the worn-out trainers sliding smoothly onto his feet. As he looked up at me with a grateful smile, I couldn't help but feel a sense of satisfaction at bringing him a small moment of happiness.

Sonic stood atop the counter, his high knees propelling him up and down as he tested out his new running shoes with boundless energy.

"Hoho! All right. Lookin' good!" he exclaimed, admiring his reflection confidently.

"Looks cool on you, Sonic!" (Y/N) complemented, lifting a thumb up as I ducked to avoid his continuous movements.

 "Say, do you have something for me too?" She asked eagerly, a playful glint in her eyes."Let me guess, let me guess." With excitement bubbling over, she covered her eyes with one hand before swiftly removing it to glance back at me. "Is it new shoes?" She points at me, a mischievous grin spreading across my face as I confirmed her guess.

"Well, you're gonna have to come with me." I tell, allowing me to take her hand. "We're gonna get you a makeover!" I tell her as we run up the stairs, and she stumbles her words as she clumsily struggles from climbing up.
"Good luck with that, (N/N)!" Sonic called out, and the other hedgehog couldn't reply as she was constantly yelling from how hurriedly I was racing up to my room.

-

"Okay," Maddie began, her voice gentle yet probing, as if trying to untangle the complexities of my thoughts. "You said you wanted to help people in real trouble, right?" Her words hung in the air, carrying a weight of understanding from our previous conversations. I nodded, feeling a sense of relief wash over me as she started to grasp the depth of my emotions.

"Well, that's what you're doing," she continued, her tone thoughtful. "Blue and (F/C) alien hedgehogs still count as people. Right?"

"I think so too. I think." I replied softly, echoing her sentiment with a tone of uncertainty.

"Okay." Maddie took a deep breath, her acceptance evident as she welcomed the two hedgehogs into our home.

"I love you, did I tell you that already?" I rambled on, overwhelmed by gratitude as we walked together.

 "I don't deserve you, you know that?" My words spilled out, tinged with both awe and self-doubt, especially now with unknown creatures huddling up into Maddie's personal space.

"I know that." Rachel said simply, her voice heavy of sarcasm.

-

★ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 26 ★

ᴡᴏʀᴅᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ

646 words.