Chapter 24

"How about we go outside for a little bit?" She smiled softly at Moonlight who was sniffing her hand.

Draco didn't return home last night which made her heart crack every hour that passed by. She shouldn't worry about him after the vile things he said to her, but she couldn't help but feel anxious every time she thought about him being at that woman's house.

She opened the door to walk out, putting Midnight down and letting him hop to the patches of grass in excitement.

The door suddenly slammed open, a gasp leaving her lips as she turned around. The police had bust through the door, large guns in their hands. She backed away in fear, watching as one ran towards her with the gun pointed at her.

"Found her!" The man spoke, lowering the gun and gripping her arm. Her heart was beating quickly as the man gripped her tightly, her eyes watering as she thought about actually leaving Draco. She shook her head and tried to remove his hand, his grip tightening.

"I don't- I don't want to leave." The man looked at her with confusion, making eye contact with another man and nodding his head once. He came over once he saw her struggling to get away.

"Ms. Moore! We're here to take you back." She grunted, looking back to the house she took a great liking to. "I don't want to go back-!" She was cut off as they restrained her hands behind her back, trying to stop her from running away.

One of them mumbled something to the other, a low scream leaving her lips as a thick needle penetrated her neck. Her vision started to get blurry, tears running down her face as she looked down, trying to stay awake.

"Don't take me away", she mumbled, her body going limp into the man's arms.

꧁꧂

Draco apparated back home after spending the night in Blaise's home. He accepted him in and asked what had happened, making him spill all of his emotions to him. He didn't cry in front of him, but he almost did after repeating the words he said to her before he left.

Walking out of the forest and to their home, his face paled when he saw the door wide open. He hurried in, his breathing panicked as he looked around the tidied home.

𝘿𝙞𝙙 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙪𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚? He opened the door to the backyard, making sure she wasn't just out there and accidentally left the door open. He looked down to the grass, his eyes watering when he saw Moonlight hopping onto his shoe. He bent down and picked him up, his hand wallowing him whole.

He knew she wouldn't leave the little creature if she truly left. He turned his head, anger filling his body as he saw a small note on the counter. He let the little bunny down and walked towards the note. He gripped it tightly, his eyes burning holes into it.

𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙚𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛 𝙞𝙣, 𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣.

Draco ripped the note, throwing the bowl filled with fruits on the center of the counter onto the ground. He breathed heavily, the silence of the house making the pit of sadness grow deeper. He grabbed his keys from the hanger and walked outside, shutting the door and getting into the car.

He had to do something she would never forgive him for.

꧁꧂

Wren sat with her wrists tied on a table, the cuffs wrapped tightly to stop her from fighting. A doctor was sat in front of her, his green eyes piercing into her soul. She nearly cringed when she saw them instead of the grey hues she had taken a liking to.

"Ms. Moore what you seem to have is Stockholm Syndrome. It's when the victims fall in love with their captors."

"I know very well what it fucking means." She seethed, still fighting against the metal cuffs. The man hummed and wrote something on his clipboard, moving his eyes back to hers.

"From what I've heard, he's killed your past boyfriend." She stayed still, throwing daggers at him.

"Brutally murdered him. Is the man that murdered him truly the one you wanted to spend your life with?" He spoke with a raised brow.

"You know nothing." She spoke out lowly, venom lacing her tone. "The man who was so called my boyfriend used to abuse me- he use to threaten to kill me whenever I would do something so minor wrong-."

"But you could've went to the police and told them about it." She chuckled dryly and turned her head, clenching her jaw.

"You really think they would've believed me? Those little shits don't care about women. They praise men and probably wouldn't have done anything if I would've told them." Her eyes filled with tears.

"And I was fucking scared! I didn't know what he would do if he caught me trying to call for help." He just stared at her, watching as she spoke darkly. "He saved me."

"No he didn't. He took you from your life." She tugged against the cuffs, her wrists already getting red. "He made it better! Everyone used me for whatever they wanted and tossed me to the side afterwards like I'm some type of object. He was the only one who truly cared for me."

She leaned back as he leaned in slightly forward, not wanting to touch an inch of the wretched man in front of her.

"All he had for you was an obsession", she was about to yell out in anger before he cut her off, "did he hurt you while you were there?" She shook her head, breathing heavily.

"Touch you or anything?" She slammed her fists against the table as hard as she can, her face red from anger. "I already told you! He would never and never did hurt me in any way!"

He tapped his foot against the ground, a knock sounding from the metal door, a guard opening it afterwards.

"Mr. Miller." The guard spoke. The man turned to him and stayed seated, her eyes still glued onto his figure. "We found Malfoy." He stood up, Wren's face falling as she thought about the things they would do to him.

"Where is he?" The guard spared her a glance, no ounce of sympathy on his face.

"Down in the ocean."