Chapter 13

Wren was sitting on the living room couch with Moonlight on top of her as she stared at the ceiling. She moved her foot to the best of the song playing on her headphones, her midnight blue short dress splayed all around her.

She was bored out of her mind and she had already gone out to the garden two times.

It was truly beautiful but she was already getting tired of doing the same thing.

As she wallowed in her thoughts, she remembered that she was supposed to be trying to get out. She wasn't supposed to kiss him or play around with him. She was supposed to be trying to get out.

Shaking the thought out of her head, she remembered how he grabbed onto her last time she tried that and got up, making her way to the one place Draco prohibited her to go.

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙨𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩. She opened the door out of curiosity and looked back, raising her brows to Midnight who was close behind. She walked down, the little bunny trailing behind.

A shiver ran down her spine as she got fully down, taking a look around the cold place. She quickly turned around and grabbed Midnight, keeping him warm in in her hand and against her chest.

She walked into the dark and eerily place, looking for a light switch to see what was down here. She turned on the light on a dangling rusty gold string, a smirk growing on her face when she saw what was in front of her.

𝙒𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙛𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙗𝙤𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙦𝙪𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙞𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙚.

꧁꧂

Wren has never tried liquor but presumed it would have to take gallons of it to get her drunk. She drank a whole bottle of a strong bubbly strawberry liquor because it just tasted so good.

And at first she thought she would need at least five bottles of it to get wasted, not one. She was a giggling mess by the end of the first bottle.

Moonlight was asleep on the small pillow, her laid on the ground with her short hair sprawled all over her head. She was making shapes with her woozy vision, her eyes heavy as she stayed awake for as long as she could.

"Wren!" She sat up slightly, her eyes droopy as she blinked and looked around the room. "Time for dinner!" She gasped happily at the thought of food and stood up quickly, opening the door and walking down the stairs without another thought.

Looking around as if it was her first time there, she grinned and walked into the dining room, sitting next to him and not where she usually sat.

Draco looked at her with question but left it alone, liking the warmth of her body next to him. He turned to look at her, watching as she stuffed her face with the food on the dinner table.

He knew steak with pasta was her favorite so he did it whenever he could. He saw her hand pick up the fork slowly, his eyebrows furrowing as he dropped his own fork and removed her hair from her face, seeing her look at him with hooded eyes.

His jaw ticked once he noticed she was drunk, her just giving him a half lipped smile.

"Didn't I tell you to never go down to the basement?"

She just pushed her chair back and unexpectedly sat in his lap, watching as he tried to keep his face void of emotion.

A giggle left her lips as she got close to his neck and kissed it softly, him trying to get her away. She pushed herself close and wrapped her arms around his neck, not wanting to let him go. He wasn't going to take advantage of her while she was drunk- they would talk about it tomorrow.

Growling lowly, he tilted his head to the side with a clenched jaw, not liking how she went down to the basement where he told her not to go since the beginning, and drank from the liquor.

She whined when he tried to get her off, pushing her head to the crook of his neck and dropping it tiredly. He kept his face stern as she tightened her arms around his neck, a sniffle being heard.

"I want to go out..", she mumbled tearfully, a tear dripping down to his white shirt and leaving an imprint. He didn't respond and kept his hands at his sides, listening to her real thoughts.

"Escaping you is never on my mind because", she hiccuped, "I'm scared you might hurt me and", his eyes softened at her words, hating that she thought he would hurt her.

"And I don't want to leave you either way." His eyes widened slightly, not believing what she said. He moved his hands to her back and down go her waist, her head leaving his shoulder and looking at him with tired and teary eyes.

"You don't want to leave me?" She shook her head and wiped her nose with one of her hands, her eyes adverting to his shirt in slight shame. "I'm better with you than I've ever been with anyone else."

He lifted one of his hands and moved a short strand from her face, tucking it behind her ear. "I know you might get annoyed at me one day because of the way I act and I'll accept it but I'm still not leaving when that happens."

Smiling slightly, he watched as she shook her head in denial and wiped her eyes, them almost shutting in exhaustion.

"You'll continue your life with someone else while I stay in a room all the way in the corner of the house." He gripped the side of her face softly, rubbing his thumb over her soft cheek. "You will never annoy me Wren."  She chuckled lowly, her eyes adverted to a button of his shirt.

"I always end up annoying everybody." Her words came out low as she spoke, mostly speaking to herself. Lifting her eyes to his, she looked into the lightness of them.

"Why do you think my best friend hasn't been looking for me?" She looked back down to his button, now fiddling it with it softly.

"Violet doesn't care about me because I annoy her." She mumbled to herself, but he caught onto it.

"Not even Jonathan is looking for me." Draco stiffened up at another guys name, his jaw slightly clenching.

"Who's Jonathan?" She smiled softly and kept fumbling with the button, remembering how nice Jonathan was to her. "He's just a guy friend of Violets.. he gave me his number but I haven't bothered to call him." She shrugged, "I'm not really interested in him anymore."

She looked back up at him and tucked her bottom lip into her mouth, pressing her forehead against his clothed chest. "I'm- tired."

He stood up with her in his arms, gripping her tightly as he walked up the stairs. Her warm breath was hitting his neck giving him slight comfort. He used his foot to gently open the door, walking over to the door and moving towards the bed.

Moonlight was sleeping on a small pillow as he put Wren next to him, watching as she shuffled on the bed and tilted her head to the side, her mouth gaped open as she took in small breaths. He leaned down and kissed her forehead, shutting his eyes lightly as he came back up.

All he's ever wanted since Hogwarts was to have her with him, and he's finally got her when she doesn't even hate him. And he's planning on keeping it that way.