Chapter 9

Wren woke up with a long stretch, the feeling of a small weight on her chest. She smiled softly and looked up, seeing the bunny on top of her. She hadn't thought of a name yet, so she thought thoroughly as she looked at it.

It was a deep grey, the color almost fading in with the light grey sheets on the bed. She smiled as she thought of a name, thinking it would suit him.

"Moonlight." She tested it out and tilted her head, watching its reaction. "What do you think? Do you like the name 'moonlight'?" It obviously didn't answer, but stared at her deeply, it's dark brown eyes matching hers.

She got up with a groan, picking it up with her and putting it on the ground for it to do it's business on the small patch of grass in an open cage.

After she finished during the bathroom and brushing her teeth, she opened the door and walked out with the bunny trailing after her. It was the fist time she had ever gone out of her room already dressed, but she was starving and the sweet smell filling her nostrils was not helping.

"Come on", she spoke in the sweet voice, making Moonlight walk down the stairs for the first time. She urged him on when he walked down the first one, it's little furry legs making it look like it was going through a whole struggle to go down one stair.

She let it get in level with her, walking down one step with it doing the same after. When they reached the bottom of it, she walked forward with it behind her as always.

Entering the kitchen, she saw Draco turn to look at the entrance, his eyes slightly widening when he saw her walk in with the skintight white cotton shirt and shorts he bought for her to sleep.

He gulped and put the plates of food on the table, watching as she bent over slightly and picked up the bunny, putting it on her lap with some grass. He sat down in front of her, pulling out something from his pocket and handing it to her.

A small gasp left her lips as she grabbed the small blue phone, a smile overtaking her face. She clicked the side, seeing it already set up.

"Thank you." He nodded, watching as she opened the phone and looked through it. He bit his lip to contain a smile, looking at her plate and nudging his hand forward.

"Eat." She dropped the phone to the chair next to her and grabbed her fork and knife cutting her pancakes neatly.

Excitement fizzled up inside of her as she thought about how many things she was going to do. She couldn't wait to use the phone.

꧁꧂

Scrolling on instagram, she turned onto her stomach, Moonlight sleeping on the pillow next to her. She thought for a moment and went to the search bar, searching up 'Draco Malfoy'.

She gasped as she saw what came up, gulping as she saw a picture of him on the run. She scrolled down to the comments, seeing muggles commenting all kinds of stuff.

A few saying he was crazy, some questioning why he would do such a thing, and some even questioning for 𝙬𝙝𝙤 did he do it for. She just kept scrolling down, her eyes widening as she saw one particular comment.

'Too hot to be a killer.' She bit the inside of her cheek and thought about his killings, wondering if Adrian was the only one he killed.

For a moment she thought back to her father, and shivered at the mere thought of him. She hated him with everything she had. That day when she found him dead on the floor, brutally stabbed all over his body, she left because she was shocked but secretly wanted to thank whoever had killed him.

They had taken way her biggest burden. 𝙏𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙡 𝘼𝙙𝙧𝙞𝙖𝙣 𝙘𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚.
She never thought the man she wanted to spend her life with was the same man that suddenly had an outburst and beat her up. When he noticed she wasn't going to do anything about it, he did it on a daily basis.

She always caught herself slightly thankful for Draco doing what he did. But she erased it as soon as it entered her mind because she thought it was something she should never think about.

As she scrolled down further into the comments, she saw more people saying he was the hottest killer- making her gulp.

𝙄 𝙢𝙚𝙖𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙣'𝙩 𝙬𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙜-

Letting out a groan, she flipped herself onto her back and stared up at the ceiling, wallowing in her thoughts. She knew she couldn't deny how attractive he was, but it felt so wrong to think that way when he killed Adrian.

𝘼𝙙𝙧𝙞𝙖𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙩. She sighed and left the post, scrolling even more down to more pictures about him.

A very shocked noise came out of her mouth as she dropped her phone quickly, her widened eyes staring to the wall. She couldn't believe what she had just seen.

It was an edited picture of Draco sitting on a chair with a cocky smirk planted on his lips as he swirled his tongue over his fingers coated with- 𝙥𝙚𝙤𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙚.