Chapter 22

Draco woke up with a groan, rubbing his eyes and reaching for his phone with the hand that wasn't resting on Wrens sleeping figure.

Messages were entering his phone like crazy, his eyes squinted as he looked at the screen. He opened the message, his eyes blurry until he saw who the sender was.

His eyes widened, removing Wren from his chest softly and getting up. He looked at her to make sure she wasn't awake and looked at her for a second, taking in how small breaths left her plump parted lips, a soft pout shaping them. He shook his head and turned around, walking out without a sound.

As he walked down the stairs he thought about the messages. How had Astoria gotten his number? The only ones who knew it are Pansy, Blaise, and Theodore. So unless they gave it to her- he had no other clue on who would know it.

The woman who texted him was completely in love with him. He could tell her to jump off a cliff and she would. He thought her obsession would stop once he left Hogwarts, but the messages she sent proved him wrong.

It was true he used to fuck her from time to time. After the first time they had sex, she would show up at his dorm and things would escalate. Of course he would imagine wren when he would fuck her- not even staring at her as she gripped onto him and tried to grab his attention. She used to show up at his dorm to talk but as always, he used to kick her out with no other thought.

A lousy crush was all he took it for. All until she fought another girl for winking at him. He had told her to stay away from him- and that it had gotten out of hand- but she didn't listen and kept nagging him until he left entirely from Hogwarts. She had been in the back of his thoughts since then.

Scanning over the messages once again, he ran a hand down his face and sat down, unsure of what to do. He could meet up with the invite she sent, and get it through her head thoroughly that he didn't want anything to do with her. He let out a groan and sent an 'ok', dropping his overly small iPod onto the counter afterwards. He could buy a normal phone, but the thought of having the same phone as Wren had him smiling.

Getting up from the chair, he walked up the stairs  with frustration, knowing she would wake up and ask him where he was going. He opened the door softly, to find her not on the bed. He opened the bathroom door and walked into her room, seeing her slip on a dress.

He watched her for a second, a smile growing on her face as she spotted him. "Morning." She spoke softly before she pressed her lips against his, the taste of spearmint filling his tastebuds.

"Morning." He mumbled as he kissed her back, walking into the bathroom afterwards and picking up his toothbrush. He looked down at the sink, brushing his teeth roughly as he spoke demandingly, not giving her room to argue about it.

"I'm going out", he spit in the sink, feeling her eyes on the side of his face. "I'll be back as soon as I can." She didn't even ask if she could go by the void look on his face, just humming and walking out with tears threatening to fill her eyes.

Did he lose his feelings for her overnight? It was impossible to lose them that quickly, but maybe she did something he didn't like? The thought had her walking faster down the stairs, wanting to take it out of her head. She reached the kitchen, running a hand through her hair as she kept overthinking.

𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙞𝙛 𝙝𝙚 𝙠𝙞𝙘𝙠𝙨 𝙢𝙚 𝙤𝙪𝙩? 𝙁𝙪𝙘𝙠 𝙄 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙤 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙮 𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙣𝙤 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙢𝙚- 𝙣𝙤 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚-

The sound of a ping was heard, her eyes moving to his phone. She clenched her jaw and bit her tongue to stop the heavy feeling in the pit of her stomach. She looked to the stairs, making sure he wasn't lurking around the corner.

Inhaling deeply, she turned the phone, her face falling as she saw the recent message. He had a password but the last notifications were visible, so she had a perfect view to why he was treating her like that.

𝘼- 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙣'𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙞𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝘿𝙧𝙖𝙮.

Wren swallowed the bile rising in her throat and put the phone back to where it was, acting like nothing to see if he would tell her the truth.

As if on cue Draco ascended down the stairs, his attire formal as he gripped his wand from the counter.

"So where are you going?" He looked at her from the side, not wanting to tell her that he had to go see a woman who is completely in love with him that he also used to fuck. He knew it would break her sensitive heart. So he lied.

"Blaise texted. He said he wanted to catch up with everything that has happened since we left Hogwarts." Wren teared up, looking down to not show him.

Looking back up after she composed herself, she gave him a fake smile and watched as he left without kissing her goodbye. Her bottom lip trembled as she walked out of the kitchen, going up to her room and locking the door with tears running down her face.

𝙃𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 is 𝙩𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙢𝙚.