Chapter 1 - How it all started

A/N Hello everyone and welcome to my new story! This story will be updated every week with a new chapter (◍•ᴗ•◍) I hope you will enjoy it! (•̀ᴗ-)✧
.
.
.
"What a bunch of bullshit." His lips turned into a snarl as he glanced at the colorless wall marked by the nails of previous users. The coldness of the cell was turning his flesh purplish. In this place, there was no sun to warm you up.

"You are called into the interrogation room." The demonic red eyes turned to look at the silhouette of a man blocking the only exit in the room. "What for?" The question slipped past his lips with his tone sounding ironic, almost mocking because he already knew the answer.

The man merely motioned for him to come forward. Katsuki knew the drill from here on out. The tight cuffs moved with a clanky sound, abusing his pale skin as he got up from the rusty bed and let the police officer grab him.

The hand on his shoulder was firm while leading him through the familiar long halls. It was dark, probably around midnight. It was an odd time to be called for questioning. He wondered what those fools wanted to know as if he didn't give them all the answers to their questions a long time ago.

"Behave." A simple warning that went from one ear and out of the other. They stopped in front of a door that he had seen too many times now. The light from below was the only indication that somebody was already there.

When he didn't move, the hand on his shoulder slid down to his back, putting pressure. "Step inside."

Katsuki sighed, then took a deep breath, and put on a grin while running a hand through his locks to try and keep them back. Just as he did so, the man opened the door for him. Katsuki rolled his eyes at him and entered, immediately blinded by the luminous bulb hanging from the ceiling.

The cement turned into a greyish carpet as his bare feet appreciated the change. The officer closed the door behind them and put his hand back on his shoulder, pulling him towards a simple chair.

He was about to be seated down, only to stay standing, when the man's hand was put in a firm hold by someone Katsuki recognized well. "We can handle him from now on." The officer's eyebrows turned up in amusement as the person let him go with an ugly look, but the guy didn't argue, not with somebody who ranked higher than him.

The officer left, leaving Katsuki in the room with two people. He snorted, not bothering to stay standing, and instead threw himself into the uncomfortable chair. "It's been a while, Sho~to." The said man moved back behind a table.

Katsuki put a hand beneath his chin, holding his head up as he watched his old friend and his colleague sit down with curious eyes. Unlike him, Shoto straightened up his back, keeping his posture tight and eyes gazing down at Katsuki's form.

The colleague, on the other hand, Naomasa, if Katsuki recalled correctly, coughed into his hand uncomfortably. Something about that man's appearance was off even if he appeared calm. The man's shaking hands were a telltale sign. "Katsuki Bakugou, would you mind if we got straight to the point?"

Katsuki threw a small but sweet smile the man's way, motioning for him to go on.

"We have an offer for you." Katsuki rose an eyebrow, but stayed silent, extremely aware of Shoto's studying gaze. Something was off.

"We want you to help us find an individual." Naomasa glanced at Shoto as if looking for reassurance. "If you agree with our terms, we will shorten your sentence by half." Katsuki licked his lips and sat upright as he let his back hit the chair.

He was tired, and the beds in the jail weren't exactly helping him with his exhaustion.

The silence stretched, and the man started fidgeting in his seat. Meanwhile, Shoto didn't look fazed by his lack of response. He knew him too well, they shared a past after all. "So you want my help, huh?" It was the first thing he said, and the question seemed to put weight in the air.