Chapter 23

Peters POV:
When I woke up this morning Ned decided to give me the silent treatment. I mean I kind of get why he's mad but me him and Mj are basically a trio. I never intentionally left him out and this whole thing just confused me.

Breakfast was at 9:30am but we were going down 10 minutes early so we could get a table. I walked out the room before Ned and knocked on Mj's door.

"Hey" she said opening the door. "Morning" I said smiling. "You ready?" I asked. "Uh yeah... Betty I'm going with Peter. You okay?" She called out. "Yeah I'll be down in a sec" Betty called from the bathroom. Mj walked out and closed the door behind her.

I stared at Mj's outfit as she tied her laces. She was wearing joggers with a cropped tank top and black converse. She had her hair down and had some rings on. She then got up and met my eye-line. "What you staring at?" She asked giggling. I took her hand and said, "you look really pretty". She laughed and connected her lips with mine. "Not to bad yourself" she said. I was wearing blue shorts with a white and purple t-shirt. I chuckled.

After a few seconds, Ned came out of our room. "Hey Ned" Mj said to him. He looked back but kept walking. He gave me a look in the process. "What was that about?" Mj asked a little hurt. "Oh Um he's a little pissed with me" I said. "Why?" She asked. "Long story. We gotta go down but I'll tell you when we get our food" I said. She nodded and we headed down to breakfast.

When we got to the restaurant everyone was there and sitting in friendship groups. Ned was sitting with Betty, Oscar, Abraham and Gwen. Mj and I walked over to a table with 3 seats and sat down. The fourth chair was missing.

I then heard her stomach rumble. "Go get something. I'll get the drinks" I said. "Thanks" she said smiling. She got up and walked over to the buffet. The waiter came over and asked for drinks. I got 2 orange juices and waters.

After a bit, Mj came back with her food. She had got 2 boiled egg halves with pepper and a croissant with jam. "Looks good" I said as she sat down. "You can go get yours" she said with an adorable smile. I chuckled and squeezed her hand as I left.

Mj's POV:
The line was a little long so I was quite certain peter would take a bit of time. I ate one of the eggs and quickly texted my aunt:

Me:
Hey Jessie, just eating breakfast. Sorry I didn't text last night we got back very late and I fell asleep x

Jessie:
No worries just happy your safe! Have a great time xx

I got interrupted by Gwen sitting down opposite me. "Heyyy" she said super cheerily. "Uh hi" I said. "You having fun" she asked keeping her smile so big. "Uh yeah. Why are you here?" I asked. "Oh just checking in" as soon as she said that my phone went off twice. "Oh perfect timing!" she said. "Enjoy your breakfast Michelle" she said winking and walking away.
I opened my phone and read the message.

Eva:
So glad don't have to be around you at last 🤩

Don't eat too much you might gain more weight ❤️❤️

I then got a message from Gwen:

Gwen:
I can already see your rolls 😔

Damn you need to loose some weight

Peter then sat down. "Gosh that took ages" he said. I looked up and laughed, "wasn't that long" I said. I closed off my phone and continued to eat. I wasn't going to let Eva and Gwen control my life. Plus they weren't going to ruin today. I ate the rest of my food.

"Oh you never said why Ned was pissed" I said. "Oh yeah" Peter said. "Uh well it's a little about you" he said finishing off his mouthful. "Me?" I repeated. "Yeah......he thinks we've basically been excluding him and that dont like pay him any attention" Peter said. "Is it my fault?" I asked. "What no. I'm gonna try and talk to him later. Maybe get more out of him"
He then said. I nodded and sat back. Mr Harrington then came over to us. "Morning you too. You sleep okay?" Sir asked. "Yep" we said in sink. "Good good" he said. "Uh sir what are we planning to do today?" Peter asked him. "Oh thought I'd leave you guys too it. You can go round in groups exploring the hotel and just having fun. Tomorrow is when we get to work and make sure we win" he said. "Okay Great thanks" Peter said. I smiled and we watched him walk away.