Chapter 16

Peters POV:
It was the next day, and lunch time at school.Ned was finishing something with Betty, what a surprise. So I was alone, Mj also had detention because of what happened In 2nd period:

Flashback.....

"Michelle" the new teacher said.
"Yes miss" Mj responded.
"Greg" she then said. "Yes miss" he said. "Peter" she said next. "Here miss" I said.......The teacher then finished the rest of the register.

"Right class, I'm Ms Rory. I'm going to be your new maths teacher. As you've probably heard Mrs Louis is going to teach 5th graders now. I just wanted to go over a few rules before I teach" she said. Great rules. " number 1: no talking unless told to. Number 2: I like everyone participating in class work. And finally number 3: the students will listen to me and each other" she wondered over to Mj's desk while saying rule 3 and snatched the book out of her hands. Mj put her hands up and rolled her eyes.

"Thank you." Ms Rory said. She then handed out some sheets, "I want you to work in pairs for this task, you can join desks" she then said. I saw Cindy go over to Mj, and Betty go to ned. "Mr Parker do you not have a partner?" She asked. "Peter can come with me, I don't have a partner" a voice said. I turned my head and saw Millie. "Perfect" Miss said. I sat down with Millie and glanced over at Mj. She gestured for me to come over. "I'll be back in a sec" I said to Millie.

"Yeah" I said crouching down near Mj's seat.
"Mr Parker I don't recall asking you to move over to miss Jones's group. Do you?" Mrs Rory said quite loudly. "Tell me later" I whispered to Mj. I then walked back to Millie and sat down.

Few minutes later....

The task had now been explained and we were on a roll so far. We had to do a couple crosswords, which I'm very good at, and quick fire maths equations. Me and Millie got them all right.

Mid celebration of getting a question right, I saw Mj giving Millie evils. I made eye contact and shrugged. She rolled her eyes. What was wrong?

After wining the game, Millie jumped up and hugged me. Mj and Cindy then started whispering to each other. "Mr Parker, Miss brown settle down a bit okay" Mrs Rory said laughing. "Sorry Miss" Millie said with a chuckle.

"That was fun" Millie said. "Yeah" I said chuckling. "Are you still on for helping with my homework?" She asked. "Yeah course, do you have it with you? I could take a look now?" I asked. She reached into her bag and got it out.

Mj's POV:
I hated Millie. Not just because she was totally flirting with Peter but she was just so annoying. Like she was so bubbly at one minute then so rude the next. I only had one encounter with her and it was because of Cindy. Millie invited Cindy to a party right in front of me and said, 'sorry Michelle I would've invited you but your just not the right fit'. Right fit?? Wtf does that even mean? Peter thinks we're friends but why would I be friends with someone like that.

Me and Cindy had nearly finished the maths quiz and were going through the answers while Ms Rory was talking. "I think the answers B" Cindy whispered. "Uhhh girls, I don't recall giving you permission to speak do you?" Ms Rory said, blinking harshly. "We were just going through the answers" I said dryly. "No need for attitude miss jones!" She said raising her voice. Ugh this teacher is so annoying.

I ignored her and carried on marking my answers. "Michelle jones! I have asked you to stop what your doing!" She shouted. "Technically you haven't" I said rolling my eyes. "If I have to speak to you one more time you can stay with me at lunch. Understand?" she threatened. I didn't say anything and locked eyes with Millie for a few seconds. She gave me a cheesy smile and talked to Peter. I glanced over a saw Peter looking a little uncomfortable.