The core and the king

I'm Rouge the Bat

I've been gaining intel on The Core and I was right Shadow is being used as a pawn I don't know the full story but I know one think I'm going to save Shadow

In The Castle Rogue was sneaking around until she spotted Shadow.

"Leave me alone thief." He said

" Shadow, Listen, something is up with the core " Rogue says as Shadow turns his back.

" And  Why should I listen to you?" Shadow asked.

" I want to help you, " Rogue says.

" And Why is that?" Shadow asked.

"You don't deserve to be a puppet, you deserve your own life." Rogue says

"Don't ridiculous, what I deserve is for humans to die at my hand for the murder, my friend." Then walk away.

"Where are you going?"

"My master has assigned me a task so stay out my way."  Then look away.

Rogue looks annoyed, " Master " Rogue says as She flies after him.

Meanwhile Andrias brought Darcy cupcakes as Darcy was inputting her DNA inside Metal Sonic linking him to the Core.

Andrias cleared his throat."Greetings, Marcy- I mean, the Core- I mean, Mar-Core? Okay, what do I call you?"

"Hmm. Good question, big guy. Why don't you call us... Darcy." Darcy suggested.

"Darcy?"

"Yeah. You know, like, Dark Marcy. It's a reference to one of Marcy's favorite video games. We searched her memories, and the name appeals to us."

"So, is Marcy in there? Or-"

"No, no, no. This is her body, but we got her locked in a little room up here. We're the ones in control, although we've inherited some of her quirks."

"Speaking of which, here are those cupcakes you asked for." Andrias then removes the cloth from the tray.

Darcy gasped.''Red velvet with ube frosting! She then approaches the cupcakes.''Marcy's fave!" Then she bites into the cupcake."We can't tell you how delighted we are to finally have a body. Now then," eats the whole cupcake."follow us. We have a very important mission for you!"

Until it falls but chuckles." Fixing things needs calibrations."

Meanwhile  frobot army destroyed a village, the citizen escape the destruction, shadow walk and look destruction of village,  walk toward a frobot.

"You, how many have died?" Shadow said

"Negative, zero elimination," this made shadow growl then punch a nearby frobot in the chest, then heard some fly by them, I figured it was the Fox.

"Take your position." Shadow commanded, The rest were ready as they pointed to what Fly on them, then figure landed behind shadow as about back kick they stopped only to find it rouge.

"False alarm, get back to work." Shadow commanded, then frobot continued," why are you always following me stalker, leave me alone."

"Shadow, Please it will help if you just tell me what happened?" Rogue asked.

"Why should tell you," then walk way From rogue.

"Why do you Always work alone?"

"Do you really want to know?" Rogue nodded" AlrightI'll talk " Shadow says

Meanwhile with Andrias and Darcy they were walking as Andrias spotted an old photo.

"Maybe we're not the only ones who can let go of all the memories?" Darcy asked.