Chapter Sixty Three

Start from the beginning

I keep my eyes ahead, my head filled with thoughts of Lia and what she might be doing right now. Bloo is missing her incredibly and knowing that there is a chance of her coming over just to see him, is keeping me calm. She loves Bloo, there's no way she'd abandon him. That girl has no hate in her heart. It's one of the many things that I love about her.

My eyes sting with the threat of tears but then Viini knocks on the roof of my car to grab my attention. I spare him a glance.

"No recklessness, got it?" He demands.

I tighten my jaw, the urge to empty that JD bottle more intense than ever but I can't.

Once Hyde has leveled his car with mine at the starting line, the race starter girl struts to the middle of our cars and holds up her hands. Once her hands fly down, I slam my foot on the gas pedal. The momentum of my car jerking forward and the sound of my engine growling momentarily distracts me.

My fingers tighten around my steering wheel, the sound of my tires skidding and trudging through the graveled road. It's dark as fuck, my vision is a little blurry and my head is aching like a bitch.

But none of that compares to what is happening to my chest, more specifically that organ inside that is beating without a purpose.

Anger is running through my veins, my damnation mingling with it, and my adrenaline is like I just took a giant sniff of snow.

"I need space."

She needs space.

I scoff.

Angrily I change gears and swerve my car to take the harsh turn.

That's bullshit but I'll respect her decision.

Only because I love her and I want her to not cry over a sorry motherfucker like me. I don't deserve her tears let alone her heartbreak. She doesn't deserve those things, period. Yet, lookie here, I gave her exactly those. Way to go, fucker.

I always fuck up. I've been surrounded by toxicity for so long that I don't know anything but that. Maybe Lia is better off without me. Maybe she is better off with a man who is good, who treats her like she deserves, who doesn't make her cry.

Who doesn't break her heart...

Red colors my vision at the thought of her being with a man who is not me. 

No. 

Fuck. That. 

She doesn't want another man, she wants me. She wants me as I am. The fucked up, angry, heartless, cruel man that I am. She doesn't want anyone else. She better not want anyone else.

I'm the one who was written for her. Whose fate was tied to hers. I'm the one who she had her first kiss with. She lost her virginity to me. She shared her favorite books with me. And I'm the one who is the most beautiful love you deserve, I'm that love.

Me.

And only me.

I'm the one she loves.

Who she'll always love.

I don't know how it happens but I'm jerking my wheel to the left one moment and the next my car is drifting and coming to a complete stop. Dust from the graveled road paints the air around me and there's nothing but silence in my ears.

She can't love anyone else...

Our love is strong, too fucking real to be forgotten or replaced so fucking easily. Our memories are unforgettable.

No.

I'm getting her back.

I can't...

I can't be without her.

"Yo, what the fuck, X?!" Viini glare has me exhaling as if I've been holding my breath for hours.

I stare at him wide-eyed and a little confused. Then it all comes back to me.

I lost the race.

Huffing out an annoyed breath, I step out of my car. Viini is straight up glaring at me but there's still that worry that irritates me. I don't want anyone's pity or sympathy. I deserve every bit of anger, isolation, and hatred because what I did to her was unforgivable.

"Well, well, well. The legendary racer on The Creek just lost," Hyde steps up to me, "What's wrong? Trouble in paradise?"

My fists curl and I breathe through my nose, trying to hold back from knocking the daylights out of him.

No, I don't regret making that bet. I regret lying to Lia and hurting her but never making that bet. Because if I hadn't gone through with it, then I wouldn't have fallen in love with her. I would've been walking around with an empty heart. I wouldn't have known what love felt like, or how fucking gripping it is, how consuming it is.

How beautiful it is.

And I'm sure as hell don't regret taking that bet myself because the thought of this son of a bitch laying even a filthy finger of his on her body, makes me want to commit murder.

Hyde smirks, wickedness writhing in his eyes.

"Honestly, I'm jealous you got to deflower that bitch. She seems like a hot fuck. Tell me, is her cunt tight and wet? Do her tits bounce when you're fucking her like the slut she—"

Without hesitation, I throw a punch into the motherfuckers jaw, knocking him back. He stumbles and reaches to touch the blood dripping from his lip. Seeing the blood, the psycho smiles before his eyes slide to me and he snarls. Hyde rushes at me and punches me across my jaw.

Then all hell breaks loose. Hyde and I fall into a savage brawl—punching, kicking, cursing at each other. Screams of shock and some idiotic cheering ricochet through the dark night. I can hear Viini shouting at me to stop but I don't.

I can't.

I want to break this fuckers bones for talking about my girl like that.

And maybe I'm enjoying myself a little as all the frustration and anger I've been experiencing for the past week comes pouring out. It feels good.

It happens so quickly.

One moment I'm fighting with Hyde with the distinct sound of sirens in the distance and the next I'm being pushed against a cop car and being handcuffed roughly. The red and blue sirens dance like little devils around my vision as the weight of my actions finally dawns on me.

Fuck.