22. Curiosity

Shout out to AKJinAK for your support for this book and voting every chapter since the beginning<33

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Ava

I ate everything in less than a minute wanting to get out of this place. And this time it wasn't salted.

The place wasn't like how I had expected. I had expected stinky rooms, worn-out walls flies everywhere with some other creepy people lurking in the cells.

But it was cleaner, not having any flies or the stink. The only thing which was not ticked out of my imagination was the chilling cold demeanor of the dungeons.

I had calmed myself, trying to think of everything other than the closed place with my chained wrists. I had tried to get out of them but it hadn't worked.

I could only reach out to my plate. That was the furthest I could go.

And now, probably for the last fifteen minutes, I have been calling out for someone to open the doors and let me out.

"Silas!"

"Silas!" I yelled, "I have eat-"

My heart almost leaves my body when the bars on the cell beside me rattle making me back up against the opposite wall.

It was dark for me to see but I could form a shadow moving. Crouched down and now slowly standing up.

My breathing became rapid as I waited for the person to come into the light. 

I let out a small gasp seeing a man, sitting down weakly as he came into the light and sat on the cold floor taking the support of the railings as he faced me.

It felt so silent now that I was no longer screaming and yelling for help that I could practically hear my own breathing.

Esmeray steered in my mind as the man faced us and practically scanned me. I couldn't see much of him in the dark and got only a hint of his face due to the fire torches.

But knowing I was not in the human village; I knew the odds of him being human were less.

"Who the fuck is Silas?" I gulped at his deep voice. 

His eyes narrowed when I didn't answer. I was curious as to who he was. He didn't have red eyes like the demons and the vampires. No. He had yellow mixed with hints of red I think. I can't be sure due to the darkness.

"He-umm-" I don't know if I am supposed to tell him. 

I don't know him. He could be a really bad person. But how doesn't he know who Silas is?

-Maybe because he has two names? Esmeray said making me agree with her.

I'll just keep my mouth shut. That will bring me less trouble.

The man in front of me chucked making me look at him again. He looked in his late twenties. 

"I know for a fact that you are not mute by the amount of screaming you have done." He shows me his smile making me coil back. "And it's not like I am to do anything to you, so I guess you don't need to be scared of me for now."

For now?

"Who are you?" The question escaped my mouth.

He chucked as he moved and got comfortable leaning against the wall beside him.

"So, I guess you are not from here."

I furrowed my brows at his words. "Why would you assume that?"

"Well, you see," He held the railing in his one hand making me see his sharp nails and I almost screamed.