11. Fights

And I present to you... drumroll... AIDEN!!! ;)

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Aiden

My head snaps in the direction from where I heard the scream making my heart drop to my feet. I run through the halls and switch to different hallways. Adrenaline pumped through my veins as I followed her screams.

I just hope that Silas also heard it and not just me. If she was in pain, it would be better if he was there before me and I am not late. It confused me when I heard her cry out from Silas' room. 

Fear took over me thinking the worst. Throwing the doors open I freeze in my spot seeing Silas holding her over the railing of the balcony. It was like my feet were nailed to the floor and not able to move.

She was crying, in the arms of my lover. He had his hand tightly around her neck, his rings scaring her throat, talking nonsense. I ran toward them before anything went wrong. But with my luck, it did.

"NO!" I yelled at him making his head snap in my direction. His face got pale and held nothing but terror. His eyes widened and parted his lips as if he wanted to speak but nothing came out.

I pushed him out of the way to see Ava's body falling. Panic took over me seeing there were thorn bushes right below her. Before I could face Silas, he had already jumped off the balcony catching her right before she hit the ground. His black wings extended, flapping and twitching as few got plucked due to thorns.

My throat got tight as he carried her unconscious body. I didn't even look at him and took a shaking Ava off of his arms and laid her on the bed. I wasn't able to breathe. Not that it would matter right now. All the air left my body seeing a huge gash on her forehead which was now bleeding.

"Aiden-"

"Merida, bring Doctor Raffael!" I shouted as loud as I could knowing she would hear me. I didn't mind-link right now knowing I won't be able to with my clouded thoughts.

"Aiden listen-"

"It's going to be ok, Ava." I grabbed the ends of my shirt and tore a handful of part of it and pressed it over her head, trying to stop her bleeding. My eyes stung as I hold on to my tears. She was murmuring something which didn't make sense as I tried to console her, to wake her up and not let her sleep.

"Aiden I-"

I ignored him again by shaking my head frantically. I looked over my shoulder seeing Merida rush in and cover her mouth with her hands seeing Ava on the bed. Doctor Raffael was just behind her who quickly bowed towards us and rushed by my side.

"S-she had a fall and I was about to get her in time." I gritted my teeth, to stop lashing out at his words. "Save her."

The doctor didn't waste a minute as he started to clean her wounds and apply meds and different herbs. Merida was rushing in and out with water and other necessities. I kept looking at Ava who was getting paler with each second and prayed to the Fates to save her. To not let her die. I would never forgive myself if that ever happened. I wouldn't be able to push back the fact that I wasn't in time to get her.

"Master Aiden," I was brought back to reality when I heard the doctor's voice. "It would be better if you wait outside. I will let you know when she is out of danger."

"Is she in that much of critical condition?" My insides twisted when the doctor hesitated. But his fatherly smile made me a bit relaxed.

"She will if I won't waste time talking." I nodded and gave Ava a last once over and walked out of the chambers.