Chapter 17

*Charlotte's P.O.V.*

"Charlotte!" My mom yelled from downstairs.

"I'll be right back." I told Hayes, leaving him in my room to go see what my mom wanted down stairs.

She had a big smile on her face. Luke stood next to her, also smiling.

"What?" I asked confused as they exchanged looks.

"The Tyler's are coming for dinner too!" My mom exclaimed making my stomach tighten.

"No mom why? They're going to ruin everything! It's bad enough that Hunter is coming with his family!" I said wanting to punch something.

"You don't want Hunter to come?" My asked looking up at me.

"It's not that it's just that- nevermind." I ran upstairs to my room and locked the door behind me.

"What's wrong?" Hayes asked.

"It looks like we're having more company tonight."

"Charlotte, Hayes come down here! The Tyler's are here!"

I groaned fixing up my hair one last time.

"Come on Charlie," Hayes said going to walk out of my room.

"Hold on I need to make sure my hair looks good."

"I can assure you, it looks absolutely fine."

"You sure?"

"Absolutely positive." He laughed as I followed him out my room.

Once we got down stairs we saw Juliana and her family already inside my house, sitting around with Bart and my family talking about something or another.

"Ahh there you guys are. James, Lizzy this is Charlotte's friend, Hayes." My mom said introducing Hayes to the Tyler's.

Once my mom said 'Hayes' I saw Bethany and Juliana turn and in sync they both shouted and I mean shouted-

"HAYES GRIER?"

Hayes just smiled and waved at them. "That's me!"

"Oh my- can I get a picture with you?" Bethany asked running up to him.

"Uh sure." Hayes chuckeled as Bethany handed Luke her phone and posed next to Hayes.

You know, she's 18 and Hayes is 14 and he's acting way older than she is...

"Hayes I can't believe it's you! You and your brother, Nash, are my idols, my heroes! I love the both of you so much! I'm so sorry we couldn't meet at DigiTour 2015! I really do wish I was there with you! I was in Puerto Rico for spring break but I would've been here to see you and Exclamation Point in a heartbeat! I honestly can't believe I'm talking to you ri-"

"Ok that's enough fangirling over my sister's friend." Luke said pulling Bethany up to his room.

Just then there was a knock on the door. "Charlotte, Hunter is here!" my mom said making me go pale.

I looked over at Hayes to see his smile turn into a frown. Why didn't he like Hunter?"

Hunter and his family walked in which caused the room to be flooded in hugs and 'I missed yous.'

Then, I saw Hunter to look over to me and immediately he smiled, and so did I.

He walked over to me and pulled me into a hug. The room filled with 'awes' and I even think my mom took a picture of us.

"I missed you so much." Hunter whispered into my ear.

"I missed you more." I said just as I pulled away. I saw Hayes take a step up to be next to me.

I looked up at him to see that he still didn't look so happy. But why?

"Oh, ah Hunter this is my best friend, Hayes and Hayes this is my boyfriend, Hunter." They shook hands giving each other a smile hi.

"Do you guys want to go up to my room and talk or something?" I asked them trying to make this a little less awkward.

"Sure." Hayes said.

"Hey Charlotte, why don't you take Juliana with you. You don't want to just leave her by herself."

Great just what I need. Can this night get any worse?

"Um sure. She can come I guess."

She stood up and walked over to us.

"Wow you actually have a boyfriend. What is that one now?" Juliana whispered to me.

"Isn't that one more then you?" I asked her making her face go bright red. "That's what I thought."

I started to head upstairs and closed my door once Hunter and Hayes where room.

Juliana started banging on the door like the last thing she was going to do was get into my room.

"What do you want?" I asked standing on the otherside of the door.

"I want to come in right now!" She demanded.

Hunter walked up to me and put his hand on my shoulder. "Just let her in." He whispered to me.

"Fine." I said finally opening the door.

"See Charlotte was that so hard?" She asked stepping into my room.

Once she was in I closed the door again and sat down next to Hayes on my bed.

The room was silent. All we could here was Bethany and Luke from next door.

I looked up at Hunter who sat across from me. He stuck his tongue out at me which made me laugh.

"Yeah, this is awkward." Hayes said breaking the silence.

"I agree." I agreed looking up at Juliana who was going through my jewelry.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I asked walking over to her.

"I don't know I'm just bored." She replied.

"Yeah I agree. What do you guys want to do?" Hunter asked.

"We can play truth or dare." Juliana insisted.

"Sounds good with me." Hayes and I said in sync.

"Charlotte, truth or dare?" Juliana asked me.

"Dare!"

"Ok, I dare you to kiss Hunter."

I blushed looking over at Hunter. I mean he is my boyfriend, what's so bad about that?

Hunter smiled and scooted closer to me.

Just then I saw him leaning closer to me.

And then it happened.

I felt Hunter's lips against mine.

I was having my first kiss with my best friend.

HEYYY!!!!

I hope you liked this chapter! I worked on it pretty much all day today.

If you have a Flipagram or use the account search BruhItsBrookeEspinosa (my account) and watch the Flipagram with the Something To Live For cover. I put all the characters in the book there :)

Vote and comment for the next chapter!