Chapter 16

*Charlotte's P.O.V.*

Do you guys just want to go to Chipotle for dinner so I don't have to make anything?" My mother asked Hayes and I as she drove down the road from picking us up.

I felt a smile form on my face as I thought about a chicken burrito bowl.

I turned around to face Hayes in the backseat. "Sound good to you?"

"Of course I'm down for some Chipotle." He chuckled as I turned back around.

"Alright, Chipotle it is then! Oh Charlie, by the way Hunter and his family is coming up tomorrow with his family for dinner. Maybe now Hayes can meet your boyfriend and they can meet your best friend." My mom said making my face go pale.

I never told Hayes about Hunter...

*Hayes' P.O.V.*

Hunter? Boyfriend? Charlotte has a boyfriend?

WHY DIDN'T SHE TELL ME?

"Aye, Charlie's gotta a boyfriend?" I asked with a smirk trying to hide my broken heart.

"That she does." Her mother replied.

I made a fake smile saying, "You guys much be real cute together."

"Oh they are. Two peas in a pod those ones."

Charlotte's mom pulled up to Chipotle before the conversation could go on. she handed Charlie a 50 dollar bill and we headed in.

"So whatcha gonna get?" Charlie asked me as we waited in line.

"Ahh, maybe a quesadilla or a burrito, what about you?"

"Chicken burrito bowl with brown rice, mild salsa, letuce cheese and guacamole." She said confidently.

I nodded scanning the menu once more. "So this boyfriend of yours, is he ahh, nice to you, does he make you happy?"

She turned to me with a big smile on her face. "He does, he really does. We've been friends our whole life and like two weeks ago, he asked me out. I'm very happy with him and I'll thin you'll like him!" She said smiling, walking up to the counter to order.

"I'm glad you're happy," I sacastically whispered under my breath.

"Your total today is $34.23."

Charlotte went to hand the cashier the bill but not before I could pull her hand back. "It's on me." I insisted, pulling out my wallet.

"No, Hayes you really don't need to. It's on me, well on my mom anyway."

"What kind of girlfriend is she? Not even taking the hint that I'm trying to be a little romantic." I whispered to the cashier just loud enough to make Charlie's eyes widen.

The cashier rolled his eyes and ripped my money out of my hand.

"Here's your change, and good luck with your boyfriend ma'am." He said handing me my change and directing his attention to my "girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?" Charlotte asked as we walked back to her mom's car.

"You heard me. Girlfriend." She just starred at me, getting in the car. 

One day.

Short update! Hope you guys liked it! Make sure to vote and comment if you enjoyed!

                     -Brooke <3