Chapter 14

*Charlotte's P.OV.*

"Well, we've known eachother for about 10 years now. I feel like there's no such thing as the perfect couple. Except for me and you. Charlotte what I'm trying to get at here is, will you be my girlfriend?"

My heart began to pound as he looked me in the eyes.

"Charlotte, are you ok?" Hunter resting his hand on my shoulder.

"Oh me? Yeah, I'm fine. And of course I'll be your girlfriend." I smiled as he pulled me into a hug.

*Two Weeks Later*

"Mom! Come on we gotta go pick up Hayes!" I said running down stairs.

"I'm so excited to meet this boy you love so much. Are you sure Hunter is ok with this?" She asked as we got into the car.

"Mom, Hayes and I are just friends. Nothing more than that." She looked at me like I was stupid.

"Ok Charlie, whatever you say."

"Really! I swear! Hunter is my boyfriend and Hayes is my best friend! That's how it's gonna stay." I said turning up the radio.

Uptown Funk came on which was my mom's favorite song at the moment. "Turn it up Charlotte! This is my hood jam!" She said doing a dance with her fingers on the steering wheel.

"You didn't just say hood jam did you?"

"Yeah, I did. What you gonna do 'bout it." She flipped her hair and rolled down her window.

"Mom please don't act like this once we pick up Hayes."

"I'm sorry I don't think I can keep that promise."

It's going to be a long weekend...

*Hayes' P.O.V.*

I walked off the plane and began looking for Charlotte. This was the weekend we became more than just friends and I couldn't wait.

"Hayes!" I heard a familiar voice call.

I turned around to see Charlotte and a woman who must be her mother.

"Charlotte!" I yelled back as I ran to her.

We pulled eachother into a huge hug which I didn't want to end.

"Hayes, this is beautiful mother, Ms. Cindy Brown. Mother, this my good friend Mr. Hayes Grier."

"Nice to meet you Ms. Brown." I said shaking her hand. "I'm delighted Hayes. I can't believe Charlotte is actually friends with you after all the stalker she used to be. Well I guess it makes sense. I heard that some guy married his stalker. Kind of the same deal right?" She replied making me chuckle and Charlotte totally face palm herself.

"We should get going." Charlotte said pointing to the main enterance.

"We should." Ms. Brown agreed.

This is going to be a fun weekend, I thought as we walked out of the airport.

To be continued....