Chapter 11

*Charlotte's P.O.V.*

I almost felt like crying but I couldn't.

I should've known that Hayes being my friend was to good to be true.

"Well, I got 2 hours until I can get picked up. Mine as well make the best of it."

I began walking around the store, looking for more clothes to buy.

I adventually found a couple things including a cute pink crop top and a pair of black sweatpants.

I took my phone out to see how much longer I have.

4:12

"Like two hours." I said to myself as I kept looking at clothes.

"Two hours for what?" Someone asked putting a hand on my shoulder.

I jumped in fright to see Hayes standing behind me.

"Oh! Charlie, I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you!" He chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and turned back around.

"What's wrong? Is it that I said 3:30 and I got here like 45 minutes late?"

I turned around again to see his big, beautiful eyes starring into mine.

"Yeah, something like that." I giggled, looking down at my white Vans.

He took his index finger and lifted my chin to look into his eyes again.

"You aren't mad at me are you? Because I am so, so, so, so sor-"

"I'm not mad, Hayes." I inturupted him.

He smiled, pulling me into a hug.

"How long until you get picked up?" He asked as I pulled away.

"Like 2 hours."

He laughed before saying, "ahh that's why you said 'like two hours.' So what do you wanna do then?"

"Well I got to pay for these cl-"

"I'll pay."

"What?"

"I'll pay."

"Hayes, I can't let you pay for me."

"Yes I can. It's on me."

"Benjamin Hayes Grier, I cannot let you pay for this for me."

"Fine, then take a picture with me."

"What?"

"You heard me. Smile." I laughed as he took his phone out and took a picture of us."

"Yup, that's going on The Gram o Insta."

I minute later I got a notification saying- @hayesgrier tagged you in a photo.

"I still can't believe you bought all these clothes for me." I said as Hayes swayed our hands back and fourth.

"I told you, it's on me. I was 45 minutes late for this anyway. Hey, when are we gonna be able to hang out again, I'm gonna miss you when I leave for the next stops then for when I go back home."

I sighed saying, "We can FaceTime every night."

"That's not going to work for me." I responded.

"Hey, want to grab something to eat?" He asked changing the topic.

"Sure, I guess."

"Have a nice day ma'am." The man at Tacobell said to me as I picked up the tray with food on it for Hayes and I.

"You too."

I started walking back to where Hayes said he would look for a place to sit. The only thing that really caught my eye was Juliana and her group of friends surounding some guy taking pictures with him.

Hayes...

What do I do?

I got afraid to go over there but I finally got the guts to confront them.

"Oh hey, Juliana, what are you doing here?" I asked as I put my stuff down on the table and Hayes began looking on the tray for his food.

"I think I should be asking you the same question, Edwards." She said with an annoyed look on her face.

"Just spending time with my friend Hayes here before he leaves for the next stop of his tour."

At that point, I think Hayes caught on so he said, "yeah, Charlotte is one of my best friends, actually."

If you were there, you probably would of peed yourself if you saw Juliana's face when he said that.

"Wait, so you really did talk to him on the phone today at school?" She asked suddenly all over me.

"Yeah, he wouldn't leave me alone." I commented making Hayes blush.

"I can't believe my best friend is best friends with you!" She said looking over at him.

I became confused saying, "um I think you have the wr-"

"I'm Jocelyn! Charlie's best friend! Practically sisters! Isn't that right, honey?" She proclaimed, slinging her arm around my shoulder which made me uncomfortable.

"No your not!" I said removing her arm from my shoulder. "You're just some girl from my school that hates my guts!"

"Boo, hate is a strong word. Why would I hate you? After all your brother is dating my sister.

At that point I couldn't take her anymore. I grabbed my things and left.

The last thing I remember was Hayes yelling my name...

Ok, here it is... Vote and Comment if ya want... -Brooke