Lost Memories [2/2]

The story was also a bit inspired by "Amnesia" by fireflykaizoku please check out her work!

Warning: Possible Ennies Lobby Arc Spoilers

Reader gender: female
Words: 1186

♡⚤💭♡

As the days went by, little by little (Y/n) became more comfortable with the crew, which didn't take that long, they really know how to make someone feel comfortable with them.

Everyone was determined to help her with her memories, but no one could deny that Luffy was the most committed of them all.  He always tried to stay close to her as long as possible. First he introduced her to the ship and all the crew members. Then he began to recount some of their adventures.

"...Robin was captured once by the government because of her intelligence. So we had to go after her, and beat up the...the...cyber...cyber something..." Luffy said , "CP9? Cipher Pol?" (Y/n) said, "That's right!"  Luffy exclaimed, "Wait, how do you know?" Luffy questioned, "Ah.. uh... It just looked familiar. Wait, that means I can remember!" She said and Luffy chuckled, "Looks like you're getting things fast."

"There was also that pigeon guy and a big nose that looked like Usopp..."

---{♡}---

"WHAT!? I-I have 1.3 billion bounty on my head!?" (Y/n) exclaimed in shock, "Isn't that so cool? Your bounty is almost the same as mine!" Luffy said. "Was I that powerful?" (Y/n) questioned, "Oh yeah. You've always been one of our strongest members since you arrived!" Usopp said, "Your powers are really cool, (Y/n)!" Chopper said with stars in his eyes.

"Oh thank you guys." She thanked them, "What else do you have about me?" She asked, "Oh yeah. There's this book you kept saying was your all-time favorite. You even read it to us several times." Luffy said handing a book to (Y/n) it was a book with a thick and sophisticated cover, and it had a good thickness too, only the outside of the book was beautiful!

"You kept talking about how amazing this book is, how it had everything you ever wanted in a book." Chopper said, "Really? It must be amazing! I even feel a familiarity with him." (Y/n) said, "It's working. You're slowly remembering!" Chopper exclaimed.

---{♡}---

One day, Luffy called (Y/n) to a shared room that seemed to be theirs before the incident. Luffy had taken a photo album he had, they sat together on the bed while Luffy showed her the photos. "This photo we took when I almost drowned in the sea and you had to save me with your powers. It was so much fun." In the picture was Luffy lying on the sand, soaking wet and laughing hard and (Y/n) sitting next to him.

"This one was after one of our parties, you drank so much you passed out and I drew on your face... and you hit me right after." In the photo it was (Y/n) lying on the floor of the ship and her face having various shapes and funny designs, and the next photo was how he looked after she woke up, totally beaten up with a black eye, swollen and missing teeth. And in the caption right below the photo it said "It was worth it!".

The other photos were more commonplace and cliché couples things like birthdays, photos laughing together, sleeping together, sitting in his special seat while watching the sunset. But mostly, in all the pictures, she looked really happy and that she and Luffy were a really cute couple.

In one of the photos, Luffy was totally wrapped up in (Y/n) as she held his hat, and by the way Luffy didn't look too happy, "That day you got mad at me because I took your hat and I didn't want to give it back. You were chasing me for a long time until you finally managed to catch me. And you even stole my food that day!" (Y/n) suddenly spoke up.

"Yes, I remember that. You always managed to escape, but I managed to catch you!" They started laughing until it clicked, "Wait…how do you know that?" Luffy asked, (Y/n) was silent for a few more seconds until she said, "Oh my God Usopp I remembered that!"

Luffy just gave a grin and gave (Y/n) a tight bear hug, "That's great! It means you remember me now!" Luffy soon pulled away showing her characteristic big and bright smile, and looking closer at his face, he always had the same look whenever he looked at her. A look so kind, affectionate and full of love, his eyes saying so much without even needing words. His eyes saying that as much as she'd lost her memories, his love never waned.

And he still had a little dark circles under his eyes, as if he didn't sleep well during the night, (Y/n) reached out and held Luffy's face "You still have the dark circles from when I woke up. You've been sleeping, Luffy?" Her thumbs brushing delicately through the dark circles of his face. "Honestly, more or less..." Luffy said.

"What's wrong?" (Y/n) asked softly, "It's just... it's weird going to sleep and waking up in an empty bed. I was so used to sleeping cuddled with you that I think I started having trouble sleeping. And sometimes, I have nightmares and I can't go back to sleep." Luffy confessed, leaning into her touch.

"Oh Luffy. I'm so sorry." (Y/n) said, not knowing exactly what to say, it wasn't her fault, it wasn't anyone's fault really, but she felt kind of bad for him. "You don't have to apologize for anything." Luffy said taking her hands away from his face, "Also, I'm glad that even without the memories, you're still the (Y/n) I knew a long time ago. So it's okay!" Luffy said.

"I'm glad I'm not different from what I "was" before all this." She smiled, "No matter what, you will always be my girl!" Luffy said, totally oblivious to how that phrase made (Y/n) feel. 'Mygirlmygirlmygirlmygirlmygirl...' These words repeated incessantly in (Y/n)'s head as she blushed madly.

---{♡}---

Over time, slowly (Y/n) was remembering her lost memories, not 100% some things were still confusing and just a black screen, but with everyone's help little by little things became clearer. And about her relationship with Luffy, for sure, if she's already fallen in love with him once, then most certainly she's fallen in love with him a second time. As much as she had happy old memories, she sure as hell wanted to create new happy memories with him.

----------------------------------------------------------

I almost cried writing the ending ok? SO BEAUTIFUL!!! 😭😭😭 I know there wasn't much in this chapter, unfortunately writer's block came to visit and doesn't want to leave, but I tried my best! Hope you enjoyed it anyway.

Consider leaving a little star/a vote, it helps with the spread and it motivates me to keep writing! Comments are also very welcome!

See y'all in another chapter!  ♡ヾ(^ω^*)

~MissMafi ♡♡