Chapter 31 : Toph ☘️| Stick Off

Toph was crazy in love with Sokka. She didn't care that everyone thought Sokka was weird for choosing her when he could have Ty Lee or Suki. Or at least tried not to care. 

When Toph entered English, she sensed Luya sitting by her self, suspiciously dull. Probably still upset Aang dumped her, Toph thought. 

"Hey." Toph dumped her bag beside Luya, settling on a chair.

Luya jumped. "Hi."

"You okay?" Toph wasn't the type of person to care about other people, and she guessed Luya knew, as she looked up, puzzled.

"Not really."

Toph chuckled. "Aang did like you, you know," she said, hoping it would help.

It didn't. Luya shrugged. "He embarrassed me infront of the whole school," she sighed.

"He, he wasn't planning on humiliating you," Toph lied. Aang had been talking about breaking up with Luya like this for days. "Besides, you were never good enough for the Avatar, Luya. Admit it."

Toph didn't know why she said that. Probably because she was sh*t at making friends, but after she said it, she wished time machine's existed. 

Luya scoffed, suddenly very angry. "Well, at least I didn't get cheated on!" she hissed fiercely and Toph became pale as paper.

"What?" She really hoped Luya wasn't talking about her relationship with Sokka because that would  break her heart.

 "I saw Sokka kiss Suki," Luya explained rudely.

 A tear had trickled down Toph's cheek as she realised Luya wasn't lying.

"When?" she croaked.

"Yesterday after school," Luya replied cooly, looking away. She couldn't stand the look on Toph's face. It made her feel guilty, and guilt was her biggest enemy.

☘️

After class, Toph walked so fast, her legs felt like they were going to break. She headed straight to the gym because she knew Sokka was going to be there for his extra fencing lessons with Master Piandao. 

As soon as she saw him, she slapped him so hard his face was red. "How dare you!" she yelled, not giving a f*ck about the people around them. "You cheated on me? With Suki?"

"Toph-" Something was off about Sokka. His eyes were bloodshot red and his lips were practically rotting. "I didn't mean to."

 "We're over!" Toph spat viscously. 

"What!"

"So now you're speaking?" - Toph was hella angry. "Tell me what happened."

"We kissed. That's it," Sokka said casually.

"That's it?" Disgusted, Toph fought the urge to slap him again. "I don't want to talk to you ever again, ok?"

"That's not fair," Sokka'd whined.

Toph's eyes bulged. "Are you serious right now? Sokka, you have to face the consequences for your actions!" 

"Can't you forgive me?" Sokka suggested, smirking.

"I don't forgive, Sokka," Toph muttered before storming away in tears. 

☘️

After lunch, Toph went to the bathroom. By coincidence, she found Suki there, fixing her hair by the mirror. "Hey Toph," she said sweetly and Toph wanted to barf.

"I thought we were friends," she said dramatically and Suki turned to her with a baffled face.

"We are."

"Then why did you kiss my boyfriend?" 

Suki's breath hitched in an instant. "How do you know?" she asked fearfully. 

"It doesn't matter," Toph scoffed.

Suki rolled her eyes. "Toph, it was just a kiss. A peck on the lips."

She was lying. Toph could tell by listening to the rhythm of her heart. She held back a tear, heartbroken. Did the two f*ck?

"Tell me the truth!" she'd yelled.

"Shut up," Suki hissed. "People are looking!"'

"Tell me the truth," Toph repeated, clenching her teeth.

"We made out, but for no longer than 2 minutes," Suki admitted casually.

"Why?" Toph managed to ask, absolutely revolted. 

"I don't know, but I think it's important for you to know that Sokka forced himself on me. Toph, I have no interest in him, I swear. I think he just really wanted someone to make out with," Suki replied. "Sokka's super h*rny."

 Toph didn't say anything, instead she bit her lip, very embarrassed.  "What do you mean by Sokka is h*rny?" she inquired quietly.

"Sokka, like any other boy on this planet, thinks snogging, f*cking or holding hands is the biggest part of being in a relationship," Suki explained and Toph flinched. Maybe Sokka turned to Suki for affection because she was avoiding his kisses.  "I'm telling you this because us ladies have to stick together, Toph," Suki said. "What happened yesterday will never happen again."

"Well, we're over now so I don't care," Toph blurted.

"I don't blame you. Sokka is a d* ck," Suki chuckled. "I'm just glad you don't hate me," she continued and Toph clenched her fists as Suki walked a way.

She hated Suki, more than anyone in this world.