Chapter 21 : Toph ☘️ | Short Surprise

"Kiss is so annoying," I tell Aang, dragging him to our next class. 

"Really? I thought she was really sweet," Aang says and I'm horrified to learn he's telling the truth.

My grip on his wrist loosens. "She's more than ok, Aang. Kiss is perfect," I say, troubled to hear the words escape my lips. 

"How could you could tell without even looking at her?" Aang asks curiously.

"I don't know," I reply. "I guess you guys's reaction to her?" I finish, just as Aang turns to the row of lockers lined up against the wall. "Why have we stopped? What's going on?"

"Shush," Aang hisses and I go quiet, even though I am slightly offended. "I'm asking Luya to the Winter Formal," Aang explains. 

"That's actually really cute," I say as Aang opens up Luya's locker, and stuffs it with roses, and a massive box of chocolate. 

"Thanks Toph," he says, closing the locker instantly. "I hear her coming. Quick, hide!"

Immediately, I'm pulled into a corner of darkness and forced a hand on my mouth. I hear footsteps in the distance, getting closer and closer. Luya's rather slow at walking, which is bothering me a lot since Aang won't let me breathe properly till she arrives.  

"SURPRISE!" Aang exclaims, jumping out of our terrible hiding spot.

"Surprise," I say with a lot less enthusiasm and Luya bursts into laughter.

"Oh you guys," she begins, gently falling onto her knees. "Thankyou so much for this... incredible surprise. I'm lost for words."

 "So?" Aang asks patiently. "Will you go to the dance with me?"

"Of course I'll go with you, silly!" Luya chuckles and the two embrace each-other romantically. "So, has Sokka asked you to the dance yet?" Luya asks me suddenly.

I freeze in absolute shock. "What did you say?" I ask wearily. "Sokka's- Sokka's going to ask me to the dance?"

"Yes. He was planning on asking you yesterday, but I guess he didn't," Luya tells me. "If he hasn't asked you yet, I'm sure he will later, that boy wants you bad!" Luya finishes and I almost faint. F*ck, I'm so excited!