CHAPTER 29

ZILLA

When I opened my eyes this morning, I saw Lord Lowell's face. I felt sure I was having a dream when I saw him smile a bit, but I'm not really.

I rolled out of bed little by little as he stood up and chuckled.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, my voice still tired and sleepy.

It's not really that I wouldn't want to see him; I'm just surprised. He's been gone for days, and I have no idea where he's gone. He's back as if he hadn't been missing for days.

He said, "Good morning, Zilla."

I fixed my gaze on him. I'm not used to him becoming God Drefan again. They do appear to be similar, but I believe God Drefan's features are much more markedly different than Lord Lowell's. But, regardless, I say that no matter how he appears to look or who he is, my heart will always love him.

"How should I address you? God Drefan? Lord Lowell?" I laughed a bit.

He simply smiled at me and patted my head, as if I were a small dog.

"If Deidamia would be in the past, Drefan likely belongs there as well; you're here as Zilla, and I'm here as Lowell." He responded, looking happy.

As a reaction, I only nodded and smiled at him. But he approached me and provided me a loving embrace, which comforted my heart.

"Everything will be fine now." He said softly to me.

I hugged him back and shut my eyes, clearly trying not to cry. At last, I could hug him comfortably, with no fears or worries trying to hold back my soulful emotions.

"Then that means a sliver of hope for us is at last here." I said subtly.

He broke the hug by having to hold my hands. He nodded at me; his eyes filled with love as he tried to look into mine.

"I've been waiting for this day, Zilla. A day as both of us could eventually openly express our hearts in happiness." Lord Lowell smiled.

"I'm sorry for making you wait a long time." I spoke.

He shook his head and smiled as he tucked my hair behind my ears and touched my cheeks.

"You don't have to feel sorry towards me for waiting for you; it's my choice to wait for you, as it should have been. Having to wait for you had been, in itself is, and always will be worth it." Lord Lowell smiled at me.

"Did you even know who I was when you first have seen me in the mountains when I first came here?" I tried to ask.

I just remembered meeting him by chance on the mountains during the chaos back then. Although it was our first visit, he said he recognized me.

"Of course. No matter who I am, my heart will never change—it will always instantly recognize you." He chuckled.

"How then do you explain how you were able to open my seal which has been trying to suppress my powers back then?" I queried again.

As he started messing up my hair, he laughed a bit at me.

"I was also the one who closed it; I was wanting for a better beginning for you back then; it was the only way they wouldn't know who you really are." He responded.

"And yet they still recognized me." I spoke.

He shrugged, a small smile on his face.

"Because your original features haven't changed at all. Who'd have known that when you grew older, you'd still look the same even having been born again. It's just so infrequent to arise." Lord Lowell explained.