CHAPTER 7

ZILLA

"Sober up, my dearest Zilla!"

I was barely awake when I heard someone somewhere making a lot of noise, and I immediately knew it was Aella. Who else could it be, right?

As I pulled away from her, I mumbled, "Aella, please, I really do want to sleep longer."

"They told me you have always been fully responsible at all times. But you do seem to slouch off every time."

When I recognized someone else's voice echoed in the room, I promptly opened up my eyes. Lord Lowell was standing behind me as I turned my head, much to my astonishment.

"I'll have to go quickly fix your bathtub." She said, "Bye!" Aella mumbled something and then disappeared.

I buried my whole body in my blanket before I could possibly react once more, because I'm too humiliated to say anything! Why does he want to see me so early in the hours of the morning when I've only just gotten out of bed?!

"Your beautiful face is clear to me." He added, coughing, "Without any need to cover up."

I remained quiet underneath the blanket.

"Give yourself some time to prepare." He stated, "Approach me in my palace at 7:00 a.m."

The Lilac Fortress had been overwhelmed by awkward silence, and then when I lifted the blanket, there was no one left. Perhaps he has by now committed to going.

I let out a heavy sigh while I tangled up my hair. Except for Aella, no one has ever seen me in my newly awakened mood! But now, someone finally did! Apparently, Lord Lowell suddenly did! Absolutely embarrassing!

"Aella!" I exclaimed.

I know for sure she's still around because I sense her aura.

She suddenly appeared shortly after I yelled, laughing and holding her stomach.

"I wish you could have seen your reaction. It's the first time I've ever seen your face flush so red." Aella remarked, laughing out loud.

"I was humiliated!" I yelled at her.

"Oh goodness. I get that one. After all, this was the first time you have seen a good-looking God as soon as you sober up." She continued, crying with laughter.

I took a deep breath and shake my head at her.

"But then don't panic, he will do it all the time starting today." Aella remarked, drawing my attention to her.

"What will he do?" I queried, perplexed.

"You were resting overnight, right? Lord Zadkiel didn't actually bother waking you up because he had been extremely worried you'd be furious and summon lightning bolts once again." Aella replied, struggling not to laugh.

This playful Goddess!

"Well, in any case, you'll be going to train with Lord Lowell, as what your father requested." Aella added, her smile beaming.

"I am what?!" I yelled, and thunder boomed throughout the fortress.

"What? Please don't get pretty upset at me! Almost as if it's my decision to make!" Aella yelled and poked fun at me.

What is my father up to these days? I told him I couldn't take working alongside Lord Lowell, but now he expects me to keep on going my training with him? Is he going mad or maybe something? This is insane!