CHAPTER 11

ZILLA

I haven't really been getting much sleep lately. I was contemplating about what happened some few days earlier and wanted to know why that demon was able to create one such formidable sphere which imitated my powers. And is it conceivable that the man behind the mask is indeed the Red Moon's missing God?

Countless questions need to be answered in my thoughts. I know I pledged to be careful, but I feel it necessary to discover much about this. After all, it is in my shoulders to maintain law and order in all realms. It is my duty and obligation to protect and defend them all and guarantee that no harm would come to anyone.

So, I got out of bed earlier than anticipated today, having left Aella at sleep. She hasn't fully recovered from the incident a few days earlier. Lord Zadkiel revealed that Aella could have ended up dead there if the God hadn't healed her. So, for the time being, I'm not thinking of taking her with me since I'm frightened, I'll end up putting her in harm's way and losing her. I can't.

But at the other side, I considered bringing Lord Lowell along, but he hasn't shown up after we visited to go and see Primordial God. Since that day, I haven't remembered hearing anything about him. When I asked Lord Ryder where Lord Lowell has been, he insisted he could not really tell me.

So, I don't have any other choice but to go on my own.

I soared to the skies in search of something that might take me towards the demon or the man in the mask. But, to my mystery, something particularly drawn my eye—a setting I had seen in my dreams.

I touched down there and took a good look around, unfortunately it seemed to have been closed down for a long time. Greenhill Palace is inscribed upon that gate, and it appears just like the one I've been seeing throughout my dreams.

I'm not sure if it's just my fascination or whether this is wherever my gut feelings took me. Perhaps I'll find something really useful here?

I used my powers to open its doors and gain entry. Nevertheless, as I suspected, it's a secluded setting. The grasslands have ended up dead, and everything else has worn down. Not to mention the fact that it has seemed to be a play area that hasn't been used in a considerable time.

"I just wished us to have a good time. Who'd have guessed it would lead to us becoming separated from one another?"

When I heard a voice from elsewhere, I was startled. The voice is a little bit familiar to me. It's like I've heard of it somewhere, but I can't remember exactly where.

"Look at how wicked you are. You've all forsaken me here. There are only four of us. Why do you really have to ditch me and make me suffer?"

I crouched behind a tree and peered over the corner to see if anyone was speaking. It was the mask-wearing man!

I knew this was going to take me someplace!

"I'm not sure when you'll be returning. But I hope we'll all cross paths again someday soon."

Who is he conversing with? Who is he referring to, after all? Is he the God of the Red Moon, as I initially thought?

"Ahhhh!" I screamed as a spider emerged in front of me, dangling from a branch of a tree.

I quickly shut my eyes and tried to run away. My heart was hammering from fright, but it pumped significantly faster when I came into contact with someone.

"How did you end up here? Are you keeping an eye on me?" He inquired; his voice icy.

I was caught off guard and couldn't speak for quite a while. I was still gasping for air.