CHAPTER 22

ZILLA

After a few days, they told me that I just woke up from a deep sleep. The palace has been under their watch for quite a while, but God Armaros and Princess Ariella haven't returned yet and weren't around either. But I told them that we must get ready in time, even though I am unsure of how much God Armaros and Princess Ariella have already planned.

We need to make a lot of preparations now that the truths have already been brought to light and we have seen how ferocious those demons could well be. This ongoing dispute has developed over time into a big clash that must be nipped in the bud in order to prevent far more undesirable killings.

I summoned them all here today and instructed them that we should start making plans in instance at least God Armaros and Ariella decides to invade us. At least we are mindful about what to do next.

"I pretty much guarantee that Ariella has weakened her power now that Zilla has fatally stabbed her." Aella suddenly remarked.

Although I have also considered that, something about her is unsettling me. Even though I have wounded her a few times, God Armaros' abilities was still able to prolong her life about more than as I initially thought. I am still unsure of the situation.

"I have only struck her with my scimitar, and yet she still lived. I curious to know if she'd perish when my lifeblood gets mixed with my scimitar's powers." I muttered; brows furrowed.

"Your grace, may I speak a word?" Lord Zadkiel suddenly asked as he bowed down to me.

"Please, temporarily cease bowing down yourselves before me and remember that we are all simply on an equivalent level of dominance." I pleaded to them.

Frankly, I don't like it much. I also want to hear and understand their perspectives. And I worry that if they think I'm still superior than them, they won't feel to freely engage in conversation.

"Zadkiel." Lord Red spoke.

Lord Zadkiel decided to stand up as he started crying and afterwards, abruptly kneeling down in front of me.

I gasped and asked, "Lord Zadkiel, what are you trying to do?"

Lord Zadkiel pleaded, remarking "I know that it would be foolish of me and would appear like a shameful one, your grace. But please, spare my daughter's life."

"Lord Zadkiel, Ariella is not your child." I reminded him.

He nodded at me with a trembling smile on his face as more tears streamed down his face.

"She might not have been from my own bloodline, your grace, but I nurtured her and cared for her as if she was my own ever since she was a young child." Lord Zadkiel said.

I feel so terrible for him. I can get where he's trying to come from and understand all of his sentiments. Unfortunately...

"She actually nearly and intentionally killed me if Lord Red hadn't protected me that night; Lord Ryder, a blameless man, died as a result of her actions; she had stirred up a lot of death and destruction in the all of the realms." I reminded him.

She has triggered a wave of trouble all the time, creating mayhem in all realms. Along with her evil intentions, an innocent life was lost. If I cut her loose and ignore everything she did so far, this would appear as an injustice to all living creatures in all the realms and may also mean inexcusable collusion with her evil deeds.

"But your grace—"

"She had induced quite so many wrong doings, Lord Zadkiel, something that led to this vast disarray; I am sad to say this to you, but I could not really grant you what you might want." I cut him off.