CHAPTER 13

ZILLA

I have grown leery of anyone which then approaching me from that day on. I have a deep sense that one or two, if not more, of them anyway will try to destroy me soon as possible. I just can't exactly say whomever it is right now because I need to back up my assertions. Although I must use a good judgement.

Aella queried, concerned, "About what has been troubling you these days? You've been quiet for some time and seemed spacing out."

She tried to offer me refreshments, but I denied it with a shake of my head. No way do I have time to eat right now.

"I met a woman in some kind of a black hood when we drove out the other day." I informed her.

"What is it about the divine and demon beings you meet who hide their faces?" Aella asked, having a good laugh.

I flashed her a long hard look, which caused her to stop laughing and raise her hands.

'I'll face the fact; I'm overly bothered a lot." I informed her.

It's been worrying me for days; it's not that I can't match them or that they can't defeat me; my predicament seems to be what actions they're trying to make to accomplish so.

I'm deathly afraid that one day they'll be using Aella against me, my father, or even Lord Lowell. And if they really do, I'll fall to pieces and mess up everyone who depends in me. 

I am the supreme God, and it is my job to preserve and protect them all—to prioritize them far above myself; I could not screw them up.

"How do you wish to push ahead? Tell me, I'll help you." Aella queried, but I simply shrugged.

I'm not sure anymore.

My father has yet to return, but I'm not really sure if he's been aware of what is happening on around here. I'm anxious as to when he'll return. I'm anxious that I might not see him again.

"Unfortunately, Zilla—"

I swiftly shoved Aella away after catching an arrow directly in front of my eyes.

"Where did that come from?!" Aella exclaimed, surprised.

"They've arrived." I informed her as I drew my swords and exited the fortress.

"What is likely going on?" Aella gasped, stunned.

Elsewhere, everything was in complete mayhem. Unexpectedly, a swarm of strange living creatures is rushing our way.

"Your grace." Lord Zadkiel said as he and the other divine beings arrived out of nowhere.

When I suddenly remembered the other immortals, my eyes were being filled with tears.

"Wait here and fight with them while I head down to look on the other places in the palace. They're undoubtedly who need me the most." I remarked.

"I'll accompany you—"

"Stay here, Aella. This is my command as your superior." I said sternly, interrupting her.

As she bowed down to me, I noticed her clench her fists.

She answered, "As you wish, your grace."

I touched her shoulders as she stood up, and I beamed at her.

"Please take care of yourself today, no matter what the circumstances would be." I said earnestly, "And know that you are and always will be a part of my life."