romeo and juliet

***

***

April 01, 1992 Tampa, Florida
Y/Ns POV

Me and nick had been childhood friends, ever since I moved here to tampa from Ney Jersey me and Nick became good friends. We went to the same school and would hang out all the time.

Me, my brother, my mom and my dad were all just sitting eating dinner together when suddenly we hear a gunshot from the house next to us. My eyes widen realizing it came from nicks house.

"We have to go come on!" I drag my brother who was about 2 years older, my parents follow behind and I try to check up on nick climbing up his window, I check in his room and see hes with all his siblings.

"Are you ok?" I ask worriedly, nick is there comforting all his siblings "yea, just parents.. again" he gives a forced smile "you're always welcome at home you know.." I trailed off.

"I don't wanna be a burden y/n, its alright. I'll be alright" Nick insisted "nick-" I try to help "y/n! I said I'm alright ok?!" Nick snaps causing me to flinch "I'm sorry" Nick quickly apologized.

"Its alright.. ill see you tomorrow then" I give a sad smile, before I leave Aaron hugs my leg and I just go to leave a kiss on top of his head and climb back down going back to my house.

"You're not seeing nick anymore." My dad says sternly as I get home "what" I give a confused expression plastered on my face "his parents are drug addicts. We saw them a while ago, well, the mom, she was high and had powder under her nose. Look, you never know, we just want you safe" my dad explained.

"Nick is different! Come on, dad! I've been friends with him since forever" I scoff "no, y/n. You listen to us or you can very well leave this house." I decide to shut my mouth knowig I was just 11 and couldn't handle life by my myself yet.

The next weeki stay in my bed not talkig to anyone. I had my door locked and have barely eaten yet this entire week. I'd have some bites of the crackers I had sitting on my drawer but nothing else.

Suddenly I hear a knock on the window causing my head to snap towards the window and making me flinch. It was nick.

I open the window quietly and let him in. I'm quick to put an index finger up to my lips indicating he needed to be quiet.

"What're you doing here?" I whisper "you haven't answered my calls or you haven't been to school, I haven't seen you in a week. I decided I'd give you a few days but a week is way too long. What happened? Was it whe-" nick starts rambling keeping his voice low.

"No. My parents won't allow me to see you.. because of your parents, they're drug addicts apparently. I tried to reason out with him but he wouldn't budge. He said I could leave if I wouldn't follow, dumb reason to stop being friends with you honestly" I rolled my eyes.