more than that

***

***

September 17, 1997 Orlando, Florida
Y/Ns POV

it had been at least 1 or 2 months since ive broken up with my boyfriend, well, now ex boyfriend.

we had been together for 2 years, he was a year older. He had promised to love me and to stick with me through whatever.

That was before though, then he cheated, I found out but I was too scared to say anything so I avoided him and he yelled at me for it.

He slapped me on the cheek quite hard leaving a red spot that had stayed red for a week.

After that we broke up, he promised, and I was an idiot- a teenager in love who had ignored every red flag that came my way.

Ever since we first started dating he was a walking red flag, he'd flirt with girls but not make it obvious.

He'd give me backhanded compliments, he barely put any time for me, although he got really mad about me ignoring him he'd do the same and randomly come back to me.

I was blinded by the 'love'  he'd given me at those times. I didn't want to admit it then but he was always bad for me we just weren't for each other.

For the past 2 months I've stayed in drinking ignoring calls from manager, labels and events and even the boys.

They were the closest I had to a family.

But i couldn't and wouldnt be able to handle their bickering on my drinking intake, and I knew that, so I avoided them.

Drinking was my only escape to whatever was happening.

It wasn't a healthy practice, but it's the only thing I could rely on especially now.

I heard a knock on the door which cut my thoughts off making me shake my head a little to stop from zoning out and get up to go get the door for the first time in 2 months.

"yes?" I asked as I open the door.

"how're you?" asked nick going in with a bag in his hand and lifting my head up with his other.

"im good, excellent, ecstatic, over the moon, joyous, extremely happy" I say with no emotion.

"you've been crying" nick observes looking into my eyes.

"what no i haven't" I got out of nicks grip allowing him inside.

"you have, don't deny it, your eyes are literally so red y/n, come on you can't just mope around all day 24/7" Nick exclaimed.