18

Jai's POV

We finally went home after Amy got hospitalized for a few days because of Fatigue.

"These paintings, did you know that you made this?" I asked

"Mahlia doesn't know, but, Amelia knows. Yeah, I know that I painted that in the painting room. I painted that bago niyo ako nakikita sa Storage room na nagtatago" she said

"Care to share the stories behind those painting, Amy?"

"Call me Lia. You're not Jai" singhal nya kay Kris

Here comes the dog and cat.

"Nagka-amnesia na at lahat napaka-maldita parin ng anak niyo, Tito"

Tinawanan lang sya ng parents namin at yumakap sya kay Tita Sophia

She's really longing for a warmth of a parent, and she's experiencing it now and it turns out that she is already being clingy pero they don't care kaya wala rin syang balak tumigil.

I don't mind though. I have spent more time with her kaya hinahayaan ko na magspend muna sya ng time with her parents.

"That one, the red background"

"Hmm?"

"Red signifies danger, I am using that shade whenever I feel like there is danger in my creations. That one is danger itself. We were in Madrid to have a family day off from the Palace. There was a sudden attack, and Daddy hid me in my closet, I was 4 or 3 that time. Puro pag-aaway yung naririnig ko. Gunshots, and such. I tried to cover my ears pero naririnig ko parin pati yung sinasabi ng mga guards ko na Protect the Princess at all cost. I was almost found, but I think one of the guards killed the last man kasi ang sunod na nun is sila Daddy na ang pumasok, and we went back to the Palace kahit labag sa loob namin" she explained

"And this one?"

"That was the plane crash itself...."

"You were on your way here to check your paintings na naging eyecatcher sa mga exhibits, right?"

"What? No, who told you that?"

Lahat kami nagulat except Tita Sophia and Amy

"An informant?"

"That a lie. Mommy and I knows the truth"

What?!

We all lived at the lie that she was on her way to Manila?!

"What do you mean, hija?" Tanong ni Mommy

"I was kidnapped. When I was a kid you all are having a hard time teaching me Tagalog, because I was having such a very hard time to learn it that I am giving up easily telling you na ayoko na matuto. That day, Mommy brought a teacher in the Palace and introduced her to me. I got angry and somewhat offended coz I thought you all are giving up too in teaching me kasi you hired a teacher for me na. Mommy and I had an argument, I don't blame her if she felt offended and decided to leave me with the teacher. I know you all know na malakas ang pakiramdam ko, I felt something about her that is not related to teaching. When I was about to run, she got me and made me sleep. I woke up and I'm already in the plane and the first thing I saw is that she killed Butler Hanz, she even told me na kasabwat nya si Butler to get access in the Palace but he was useless to them that's why she killed him. Then lumabas narin yung iba nyang kasama. I started crying and started to get frightened. Doon na ako nagsisisigaw na ibalik ako kila Mommy, I tried and tried kahit alam kong imposible na may magligtas sa akin doon. The plane became unsteady, and I saw the engine on the left wing na umuusok and umaapoy until it exploded and the next thing I knew nasa tubig na ako."

"Someone saved you?" Kris asked

"The pilot. He put a life vest sa akin, I remember that. He told me na lumangoy ako hanggang sa kaya ko at sya na bahala sa mga kumidnap sa akin. I did what he told me to do, nakalayo na ako sa kanila when I started feeling tired and dizzy. We were almost in Palawan, pero sobrang layo ng pinagbagsakan ng eroplano sa shore ng isang isla sa Palawan. Then nagising nalang ako sa isang ospital, one of the nurse secretly gave the necklace to me, I don't know why, at wala na akong maalala nung nagising ako. Totally blank, I felt like I was born again in a place I am not belong. I don't understand a thing about what they were saying. Para akong alien na mapadpad sa earth because they tried to talk to me pero wala akong naintindi na tagalog words. But now, as I remwmber it, alam ko na yung narinig kong sinabi nila"

My mind literally went crazy at what she said.

"Nino? What did they say?"

"De Guzman couple. They said I am pretty and I wil lsurely grow up as a pretty girl. They tried to starve me so I will grow up as a petite kind of girl. They plan to sell me when I turn 18, sell me to rich men and be their slave" she said and started crying again

We will make them pay, Mi amor

I will make them pay for they planned to do to you!

That's why sometimes when I raise my hand to try to hug her or pat her head, she's always flinching and covering her face with her arms.

Lagi pala sya nilang sinasaktan.

I will do everytging to make them pay, Mi amor. I swear that to you!

"Hush, princesa. You're safe now, you're with us" Tito Henry said to console her.

"Did you happen to remember their faces too? I mean, your kidnappers"

"Yes, and the funny thing is that their leader is just around, even near me. Now, I know why is he looking at me that he found his prey" She said

"Mi amor, no one can hurt you. Before they can even do it, mas mauuna na silang masaktan. You trust me, right?" I said and level myself to her.

She nodded and hugged me, so I hugged her back.

"Ano ba yan! Pinaparamdam talaga sa akin na single ako. Bastusan talaga?"

"Should I shut you up first?" I asked

"Joke lang, bro. Take your time, ok lang ako dito" he said that made our parents laugh.

Well, Kris is already an orphan, namatay sa aksidenta sila Tito Abraham, that's why sa kanya na naipasa ang title ng Viscount. Sa amin narin sya nakatira kaya grabe yung closeness namin since we grew up together.