Lightning Thief

Annabeth's POV

I cleared my throat and began, "Everybody knows about the missing lightning bolt, right?"

The campers nodded their heads, while younger Percy looked a bit lost. 

"According to the oracle, Zeus has accused Poseidon of stealing it." I paused as everybody turned to look at Percy- well, both Percy's. I continued, "To retrieve the lightning bolt we were given a quest."

Younger me looks hopeful, "We?" she asks tentatively.

I smile grimly, "Me, Grover, and Percy." I respond.

Her eyes widen and she whispers, "I get to go on a quest." She's delighted and her face lights up with excitement. I could she was fighting herself to ask questions.

I blinked, remembering the days when going on a quest was all I wanted to do. 

Sensing my discomfort, Katie stepped up and recited the first prophecy:

"You shall go west and face the god who has turned.                                                                                            You shall find what is stolen, and see it safely returned.                                                                                      You shall be betrayed by one who calls you a friend.                                                                                              And you shall fail to save what matters most in the end."

"Betrayed?" Past Percy asks.

My face hardens and I move on, ignoring the other Percy.

"We come across furies on the bus, and an even bigger problem later on." I continue.

"A bigger problem?" Past Percy asks.

I nod, "For shelter, we went to a shop filled with these weird statues. We thought we were safe, but the lady that owned the shop was a monster." I paused, remembering our plan, "It was Medusa, she was dressed as a normal person guarding her shop."

A few people gasped and I saw Luke's eyes widen slightly. I tried my best not to look his way but it was hard.

"We defeated her of course and Percy," I stared at Percy, who only sent a cheeky smile in return, "sent her head to Olympus."

The camp was silent before Past Travis spat out his water. He laughed, "Oh man, no wonder the gods hate him so much." He nudged Past Percy with his elbow, who only looked paler than before.

"Woah, woah, woah, you can't just send Medusa's head to Olympus!" Past me exclaimed.

I cracked a smile, ignoring all the cries of confusion (and possibly outrage), and continued with my story. "We traveled on a bus to the arch, where we encountered and echidna and a chimera. Long story short, Percy fell off the arch, into the water, and met a spirit that told him to go to the Underworld."

Everybody stilled, their eyes wide with worry and fear.

"The Underworld? How did you survive?" Luke blurted out.