- G -

#RW11

Butterflies - Fiji Blue

Gift

***

Before a butterfly becomes a butterfly, it undergoes a process called metamorphosis. There are four stages of metamorphosis: egg, larva, pupa, and adult.

The first stage is egg. Eggs are laid on plants by the adult female butterfly. These plants will then become the food for the hatching caterpillars. The next stage is the larva or can be called a caterpillar. The job of the caterpillar is to eat until it grows. As the caterpillar grows it splits its skin and sheds it about four or five times.

The next stage is the Pupa or the Transition stage. When the caterpillar is full grown and stops eating, it becomes a pupa. The pupa of butterflies is also called a chrysalis. This stage can last from a few weeks, a month or even longer. Some species have a pupal stage that lasts for two years. For some, It may look like nothing is going on but big changes are happening inside. Special cells that were present in the larva are now growing rapidly. They will become the legs, wings, eyes and other parts of the adult butterfly.

The last stage is called the Reproductive Stage wherein the caterpillar transitions into a butterfly. They have long legs, long antennae, and compound eyes. They can also fly by using their large and colorful wings. The one thing they can't do is grow. Some species of adult butterflies get energy by feeding on nectar from flowers but many species don't feed at all. Flying comes in handy. The adult female can easily fly from place to place to find the right plant for its eggs.

I guess I consider myself lucky since most adult butterflies live only one or two weeks, but some species hibernate during the winter and may live several months.

Miraculously, the little butterfly lived and has found her new home.

The greatest gift that a human can have is the gift of life.

"Irene!"

I was in my room, infront of my laptop while editing my drafts when I heard my mom called me from downstairs. I stood up and went out of my room.

"Yes mom?" I asked while walking downstairs

"You got a package outside. Did you order something online?"

I shook my head. "I didn't. Did you pay for it?"

"Walang bayad."

After she said that, I went to the door and when I opened it I saw a package on the entrance. I knelt down to pick it up. It was a medium sized box. I decided to open it on our front porch. I sat on the bench and easily opened the box. My eyes widened in surprise when I saw Haru's album inside.

"Oh my Goodness!" I squealed like a little child happy to receive a gift on her birthday. I carefully took the album out and a small card almost fell but I immediately caught it. I looked at it and it was a letter from Haru with his signature.

A smile automatically formed on my lips when I read it.

Hey Irene! The long wait is over. Hope you like my gift! ;) Enjoy listening to the album. I poured my heart and soul in it. I can't wait to perform it in front of you guys. I'll see you very soon! <3

Love,
Haru

"I miss you too Haru.."

After reading the letter, I placed it beside me. I looked at the box again and there were other stuff inside it. There's a black hoodie with his album title "Dandelions" printed in yellow. There's also a signature of him on the pockets. I placed the hoodie on my body. It fits me well. I folded the hoodie and placed it beside me. There's also a white tote bag and the design was the album cover. There's also a glass keychain and inside it was a small dandelion flower which I thought was so pretty and cute. Lastly, I found butterfly stickers and temporary butterldy tattoos which I didn't expect since everything seemed put together. Maybe he added the butterflies for me personally.