- I -

#RW09

Tired - Beabadoobee

***

I love you

Sometimes, it's hard for me to say those three letter words and I rarely write it as well.

Love is such a strong word...so do hate.

Will love truly conquer all odds? Will love overpower hate? Will love bring peace? Will love be enough?

No love songs, heartbreaks, new lover can compensate the remaining days of my life.

"Irene. Look. I painted you a self-portrait as my gift. I also painted Benjie as well," Sadie said happily while showing me the painting

My eyes widened in surprise. "Wow! Did you really paint this? It's so pretty. Damn, Sadie." I took the frame and looked at it closely. It was huge and a bit heavy. The details were spot on. It's almost perfect like it can be displayed in the museum

"Yes! Took me three business days. I had fun. I'm happy with it. It was worth it! Hope you like it," she smiled

"I love it so much. Thank you Sadie. I'll display this in my room." I still can't stop staring at it with admiration. I shook my head, smiling. "Why a self-portrait tho? You can't paint anything and I'd still love it. All your paintings are amazing."

"Because you're a work of art," she simply replied

I chuckled. "Silly."

"I just appreciate you and Benjie so much. Thank you for the beautiful friendship that we built. I want to give back to you guys," she said sincerely

"We appreaciate you too. Sometimes, I think we don't deserve you cause you're too pure and soft for us. Akala ko hindi mo masasabayan mga trip namin."

"What? You guys are so fun to be with! I treasure every moment with you guys."

I smiled shyly. "Thanks."

I was surprised when she suddenly hugged me. She was short so her hands were wrapped around my waist. Her hair smelled like strawberry mixed with vanilla. I blinked twice, unable to move.

"I love you Irene. You're like a big sister to me. Scary sometimes but a softie too," she giggled

"I'm..I'm not," I said awkwardly. I didn't like hugs at all but my heart was too soft for her. She gives the best hugs

She looked up to me with those cute, innocent eyes. "A pretty witch."

"That's better.."

When I got back home, I hung the picture frame on my wall in my room. It fits perfectly. This self portrait of mine is now my favorite part of my room. I took a step back, admiring it. I heard someone knocked on my door. I turned around and saw mom entered.

"Hey mom," I greeted

"You came home today."

"Yeah. I wasn't feeling really well."

She walked towards me. I sat down on my bed. She sat beside me too. Even if I don't look at her, there was a worried expression on her face.

"Can you finish this semester Irene? Hindi mo naman kailangan pilitin ang sarili mo. What's important right now is your health."

"I'm doing better than I expected mom. Nagpapalakas naman ako at daily check-ups na rin. I can do it.."

She held my hand. "Irene."

"I want to graduate mom with my friends mom. I want to walk up the stage and receive my diploma with you and dad," I added. "Kakayanin ko po. I know I'm stronger than this disease."