- N -

#RW10

Not About Angels - Birdy

***

Never too late

Weeks before I got confined in the hospital to undergo surgeries and treatments, I went to the bookstore to purchase books to at least, cure my boredom.

In front of me was the book of my author friend that I met online a few years ago. His book has recently been published. I didn't know how many times I kept coming back here, contemplating whether to buy it or not. I lifted my hands and touched the cover of it. It felt smooth and delicate. I saw the sales lady stocking more of his books on the shelves. I guess, there's no need to worry if I ran out since there's so many stocks.

I wonder. Will I ever get my book publish? Will I ever hold my book and read it? I want at least one of my books get published before I die.

Is it too late?

In the end, I purchased it together with some other books.

***

"Hey, love. How are you feeling?"

I was engrossed with the book I was reading when Minnie entered my hospital room. Looks like she just got home from school since she's still wearing her uniform. She walked towards me and placed the basket of fruits on the side table.

"I'm doing a lot better. Books keep me company," I said, showing her the book

She smiled. "How many books have you read already?"

"I'm on my fourth book with this series I'm reading. I've finished the stand alone one's. I'm glad they're all pretty good. I'd give it 4 stars."

She sat on the chair beside me. "That's a lot," she said, a bit surprised

"Yeah. I can read one book a day especially now. Ngayon nalang ulit ako nakapag-basa ng ganito karami. I'm still doing school works."

"How about you? How's your day?"

"Uh, not much. Just working on my thesis. Naghahabol na rin kami ng requirements for graduation."

"You guys must be feeling extremely stressed right now. Please don't forget to take care of yourself," I said worriedly

"You too. Kaya namin pero iba pa rin yung hirap na pinagdadaanan mo."

"I'm staying strong. Don't worry too much love. You should all focus on school especially lahat kayo graduating," I sighed. "As much as I want to graduate with you guys together, I can't. I'll be cheering you from afar." I smiled

She looked at me with tears glistening in her eyes. I held her hand that's on top of my bed, gently caressing it. "Hey, don't cry my love."

She sniffed. "I'm not. We just miss you so much. Gusto na namin makasama ka ulit."

"Soon Minnie. I miss you guys too," I said and glanced at the side table. "Thanks again for the basket of fruits."

"You're welcome."

"Are you busy? It's okay if you go home and rest. Halos araw-araw mo na rin akong binibista dito. Aren't you bored?"

She shook her head. "No. I want to take care of you. I just can't be at ease when I'll let a day pass without seeing you."

I chuckled.

After we talked, she began doing her school works here while I went back to read my book. Hours have passed and I didn't realize I fell asleep. I woke up when the nurse entered inside. It's now the time to take my medication. I looked at Minnie who's sleeping on the couch, all curled up.