Chapter 29

"Get over here and carry the rest of these. "

"Goddammit, stop nagging me. You're just like Aiko, running her mouth at me day and night. I wish she would put it to use instead of spouting bullshit."

"Hah, she's still around? Surprised that she's not dead yet."

The trio chortled as they moved cardboard boxes from a gray van into a warehouse. Izuku crouched low, his staff in his hand. Technically, it was a rod of steel that he melted and poured into a cylindrical mold, but it was better than a hollow metal pipe, or a baseball bat. He fixed some rubber grips so he could hold it firmer.

He crept to a window and peered in. A man with curly hair and horns shut the door of the warehouse while a woman wearing an incredibly revealing outfit pulled out a cigarette and a lighter. She lit it and puffed out a cloud of smoke, passing it to their third companion, a man wearing dingy overalls, and he blew out another plume of smoke.

Curly pulled out a phone and dialed a number, tapping his foot impatiently as he waited. 

Izuku heard a pair of feet land behind him. "I thought I told you not to come out tonight; your leg still needs to recover." He tilted his head to glance at the pro hero who spoke to him. Eraser Head crouched next to him and assessed the situation.

"It was just a scratch. I'm fine."

"Your pants were soaked in blood."

Izuku recalled the events of last night. There was an attempted mugging and Izuku took a knife to the thigh. It left a slit that he was able to patch up fairly easily, but Eraser Head probably thought it was worse than it actually was. 

"Too late anyways. The deal's starting soon." Izuku pointed at the rattling door. A middle-aged man wearing circular glasses and a purple coat carrying a backpack followed by a short woman with bangs covering her eyes stepped into the dim light of the warehouse. Their conversation was hushed but loud enough to hear.

"I assume you have it?" 

"Right here. This is the good stuff, mind you." Curly pulled out a utility knife and cut open a box to reveal the contents-bags and bags of chalk-white powder.

"The finest coke we could get our hands on," he proudly declared. "We'll even let you have a little taste." Curly opened a packet and poured some into the woman's open palm. She took out a metal smoking pipe and dumped the powder into the end, lighting it and handing it to the man. 

"Oh, that's good," he exhaled dryly, taking the bag off his shoulder. "Here's your payment." 

Curly unzipped the top and grinned as he saw what was inside, which Izuku could see was stacks of money. 

"I'm going down. I doubt you'll listen to what I say anyways, but take care of yourself."

 Eraser Head really knew him well. Izuku jumped right after him.

 --------------------------------------------------

Aizawa saw Kuzu following after him and he sighed internally. Even though he knew the kid wouldn't listen he had still hoped he would have some sense of self-preservation.

Then again, with all that had ensued within these past few years, he should've known that wasn't the case.

Aizawa shot his scarf at the scantily clad woman and knocked her unconscious with a chop to her neck, setting her to the side while he dealt with the man in overalls, who had presumably activated his quirk and was now spraying at him with ink. Aizawa fought while keeping an eye on Kuzu.

Kuzu was squaring off with the horned man, who cursed and pulled out three small knives. He used his staff to block oncoming attacks and jab at the man in the stomach or knock at the back of his knees. The horned man used his quirk to speed up his movements, but it didn't seem to phase Kuzu. 

Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted the buyer, who was still smoking, and the woman, who was wide-eyed and panicked. She tugged at his sleeve, gesturing to the exit, but he paid her no mind as he watched Kuzu with fascination. Aizawa had to hurry and end this fight. He wrapped his scarf around the man and knocked him out before turning towards Kuzu.

The man had hit his target; a knife in his thigh, a knife in his arm, and a knife in his leg , earning a muffled scream. Kuzu stumbled but finally slammed his staff on the horned man's legs, pulling him down and knocking him out against the floor.

Aizawa dashed over as Kuzu sat on the floor, grasping his leg as he assessed his situation. With his uninjured arm, he pointed at the two other people in the warehouse who were not unconscious, signaling the pro to deal with them.

He managed to capture the woman, but the man escaped, taking a portion of the cocaine with him.

The wound looked bad. The kid's breathing had started to speed up and he was taking shallow breaths as he tried to stand but failed. His skin was even paler than before and covered in sweat. Aizawa felt his heart jump out of his chest. 

"We have to get you to the hospital. Now." 

At the mention of hospital, Kuzu shook his head. He was leaning on his staff for support as he knelt, trying not to aggravate his wounds. He stared at Aizawa, eyes empty as ever but clouded with pain.

"If the hospital doesn't work, I'll bring you to a friend of mine. I'm not letting you deal with three stab wounds by yourself."

Kuzu looked ready to protest, but his eyes rolled back and he slumped forwards. Aizawa caught him before he fell face-first on the ground, setting him gently on the floor. He pulled out his phone to call two numbers: Tsukauchi, to request for backup to apprehend the criminals, and Recovery Girl.

I wanted the fight that gets him to UA to be more dramatic and strenuous, but I felt that no amount of drama would make up for how long I've been dragging this on. So finally, after months, a new chapter and a new part of the story: involvement with UA.

I took a really long time getting this chapter here but I will try my best :)