Chapter 2

"What..." Izuku flicked his head around and his voice trailed off, as his eyes made out a figure wearing all black.

Who was this? Izuku knew him.

Oh, no. Was this Eraser Head, the erasure hero? There was only one pro hero whose weapon was a scarf, even if he wasn't well known. 

"What the heck are you doing?" Eraser Head asked sternly, hoisting him up. Izuku made no attempt to struggle; the scarf was much too tight and durable.

"Trying to jump off," was Izuku's answer.

Eraser Head narrowed his eyes as he set the boy on the roof.

"I didn't know you patrolled this place," Izuku walked over to his shoes and put them on. "I'm very sorry, I'll go somewhere else." He bowed in apology to the pro hero and picked up his phone, ready to find another deserted building to jump off.

Eraser Head shot out an end of his scarf at Izuku, entangling his midriff again. "You aren't going anywhere, kid."

Izuku didn't try to escape, he knew it wouldn't work.

He merely shrugged and let the pro hero sit him on the rooftop. Eraser Head crouched down next to Izuku so they would be at eye level. 

--------------------------------------------------

"I don't know what your situation is," Eraser Head began, "Nor can I say anything to justify your reasons, but dying isn't the answer." He looked at the boy straight in the eyes.

"Who says? You don't know what the dead people thought after they did it. You can't communicate with the dead. Who's to say they aren't dancing in the afterlife now?"

Eraser Head couldn't say anything.

"What about your loved ones? They would care if you tried." He asked instead. The boy was silent for a while before shaking his head and replying.

It was quiet, barely a whisper. 

"What loved ones?"

Eraser Head stared at him.

He had expected this to be a normal patrol or at least just some lowlife robbers or thieves. He wasn't expecting a boy who looked around ten, ready to leap of a building into the great beyond.

This kid was too young for this.

"Your parents? Your friends?" 

The boy sighed.

"I'm always picked on in school and my mom has ignored me since I was four," Izuku twiddled his thumbs. "Why are you asking? It's not like I'm worth it or anything."

Eraser Head was about to reply before a muffled voice came from Izuku's phone. On the screen had the words 'Alarm'. He loosened his capture scarf and let go of the boy.

"Excuse me for a while, I need to shut this off." He pulled his arms out and grasped the phone in his hands. A recording of a male voice was playing. 

"I don't give a damn if you're gone! Fuck off, stupid nerd!"

Ah, Izuku almost forgot.

"The heck is that, kid?" the pro hero asked. 

"It's an alarm for if I chickened out." Izuku replied as he shut it of.

He'd secretly recorded Bakugo's voice back when he asked him whether or not he would care if Izuku was gone.

More motivation for him, you know?

Nothing like the sound of your childhood friend telling you that he gives no shits about you whatsoever.

"Is that your classmate?" Eraser Head didn't think that was a friend. 

Izuku nodded. He noticed how the hero had said 'classmate', and he was somewhat happy.

He stood up and brushed the dust off his pants. He had to go home and take a shower, and get at least a few hours of sleep before he had to go to school. Today didn't work out for him, after all.

"Sorry for disrupting your hero work, Eraser Head." 

Izuku walked to the stairs and descended, leaving Eraser Head shocked.

He knows who I am?

--------------------------------------------------

⚠️TW: Suicide baiting. Please skip if you are uncomfortable with this topic. Thank you.⚠️

The day went on as usual for Izuku. He'd gone home and taken a quick shower before going to bed, disappointed that he didn't manage the jump. 

Yet, he was pretty happy that he met Eraser Head, since underground heroes were hard to find. Also while he was free-falling through the sky to his death.

Why was he so happy about it?

He had to try it again tonight.

The moment he walked into the classroom, he noticed his classmates crowding around his desk, murmuring under their breath. Some were laughing, some were smiling, some were just looking.

Izuku headed to the crowd and coughed. They turned and noticed him staring with his soulless eyes and backed away.

The table was filled to brim with red flowers.

Flowers that symbolized death.

Red spider lilies. 

And, for some strange reason, dried chrysanthemum flowers typically used for brewing tea. 

Part of Izuku wanted to laugh at the fact they used dried flowers instead of the actual thing, but the other part was beyond depressed.

Oh, well. He now had free flowers for tea and some flowers for that vase in his room. Things couldn't be better.

With that cheerful thought in mind, he shoved the flowers into bags and bundled them up before pulling out his work and waiting for the teacher to arrive.

The school day seemed to drag on forever.

Izuku was constantly staring at the clock, urging it to move faster. He wanted to get out of there and jump out of another building, preferably alone and in the middle of the night.

He longed for it.

Alas, he still had four hours of school and nine hours until night.

--------------------------------------------------

This time, Izuku searched his phone for much farther abandoned buildings. He didn't care how far, just far enough so that he wouldn't disturb anybody. He didn't mind walking and if someone jumped out to kill him, he'd just let them. He was going to die anyway, so why bother? 

Dead is dead, no matter how you go.

Cool, a new philosophy.

Or was it ideology?

Izuku didn't know. 

Finally, after scrolling for what seemed like forever, he found a nice old shop that was not as high as the old one, but still good enough. It would be a twenty minute walk from his house, but Izuku shrugged and saved the location before making a list of all other possible suicide spots that he could try.

Just in case things didn't work out.

He sorted out a nice list with fifteen different places. 

After that, he started on his homework. Izuku was well aware that he wouldn't be able to pass it up if he was dead, but he couldn't stand unfinished homework.