Chapter 27.5

Business was decent, for a café nestled in the middle of such a quiet neighborhood. Customers came and went, some opting to stay to work on assignments and projects, and others entering with small groups of friends to chat.

They looked like they were having fun. 

"Don't you have school today, deary?" Aoi asked when Izuku showed up at 7 in the morning. His excuse was that he attended an online educational program with unscheduled hours.

She looked confused but seemed to shrug it off.

He was stationed in the back, making cakes and preparing pastries. And while they baked, he would work at the counter until it was time to decorate the food.

The woman had been worried it was too much work for him to do, but Izuku assured her it was perfectly fine. He needed distractions from the voice in this head other than his violent late-night activities.

The soft chatter proved to have its pros and cons. On one hand, Izuku could tune out the voice in his head by focusing on the idle conversation of the customers

On the other hand, that gave the voice exactly what it needed to torment him, comparing his situation to theirs.

That woman will be attending her child's school play tonight. When has your mother ever gone to do the same? 

That's because I wasn't allowed to participate. Get better insults.

He could feel its smug nonexistent face as it withdrew into the depths of his mind.

I am incredibly sorry that this is all I will be posting for today. This was the only part of the previous draft that I actually liked, and I didn't know how to continue on from it. It's sort of like a small part of his first day at work.

I will be uploading the new chapter according to the A/N chapter I posted where I said I would be skipping ahead.

Please enjoy this small part for now :)