Chapter 13

This Nomu was different from the first one.

Instead of gray skin, this one was dark brown and mottled with black spots all over its body. The brains were half-exposed like the first one, but strange hammer-like objects replaced its arms. The Nomu seemed to be having trouble balancing them, but managed to stand up, back hunched. It wore a pair of orange basketball shorts.

"Nomu, attack."

Those two words from Sensei caused it to screech loudly and charge. Izuku had no idea how he was going to dodge those hammers. They would smash him into a puddle of goop and that would be it.

Izuku dodged as its left hammer arm came flying from the air, but its right hammer arm caught him in the legs. They buckled at the pain. Izuku couldn't relax just yet. The Nomu was still trying to kill him. 

Izuku ignored the pain and swung his arm at the Nomu's chest. It stumbled back a bit before picking itself up and attacking again. It aimed for his head. Izuku jumped away.

Dodge, kick, dodge, punch, get hit, get up, kick. Rinse and repeat.

God, this was exhausting. The Nomu still looked pretty good, while Izuku was not. His nose was broken and he was sure there was a huge bruise on his thigh. Izuku finally nailed a kick to its eye and the Nomu gave in, screeching for a long time before falling silent.

Izuku cradled his right hand. His index finger was broken, and it hurt a lot. Sensei nodded to himself before exiting through the other door again, leaving Izuku alone in the room with what seemed like an unconscious Nomu.

The smaller door flew open. Sumiko walked in hurriedly, her box in hand. She assessed his injuries and pulled out medical supplies. 

Sumiko placed her hand on him this time and starting humming again. She had a nice voice.

Izuku's broken finger moved just a little bit. She took her hand off him and placed a splint on his nose.

"After we get you some food, then I can use my quirk on you again." Sumiko smiled as she led him out of the room and into the place where he slept. She left and returned shortly with a bowl of beef and spinach with rice and a packet of raisins, along with a bottle of water. All those foods were supposed to replenish his blood, he noted.

He slowly put a spoonful of meat and vegetables into his mouth and chewed. The taste wasn't bad, but the beef was dry and rubbery. Still, it was better than nothing. He downed the bowl slowly but opted to save his raisins for later.

Sumiko was placing a glow-in-the-dark electronic alarm clock on the table next to his bed. It showed the current time, and it also displayed the date. Apparently, it was ten o'clock on July 17. 

Two days had passed since he was kidnapped. 

Was there anyone out there searching for him?

He doubted it. Even if the police and the pro heroes were, they were only doing it because it was part of their job. Izuku could see the headlines: 'Pro Hero -Insert Name Here- Rescues Quirkless Boy!' An unspoken lining of the headlines screamed 'Worship them!'.

Izuku hated this thought. Ever since he was kept in this room, his thoughts had decided to run wild, and they were creative, either. Unless considering all the different ways of a gruesome death was considered creative.

Sumiko took the bowl from him and eyed his raisins. "You aren't going to eat those?" 

He shook his head, then held them out to her, asking if she wanted them. Izuku didn't verbally ask her, but she seemed to understand anyways. Sumiko shook her head.

"Nah, those are yours. I can't take your food now, can I?"

Her stomach growled at her. Izuku raised an eyebrow.

She sighed in defeat and sat next to Izuku on the bed, taking the packet and ripping it open. Sumiko chucked a few into her mouth.

"I've told Kurogiri that feeding us once a day wasn't enough but no. He just had to say he couldn't go against his orders from Sensei," she chewed her raisins frustratedly. "I'm not complaining or anything, but getting enough nutrients is important!"

Sumiko set the plastic packaging on the table and crossed her arms before noticing that Izuku was still staring at her. She patted his head. 

"Sorry, didn't mean to take it out on you," she said. "Do you want to get some sleep?"

Izuku shook his head. He didn't want to sleep anymore. 

Sumiko put her hand to her chin and thought.

"What if I taught you some basic sign language? I could also teach you Morse code." she suggested. Izuku nodded his head. Morse code? Sounds like fun.

Sumiko lit up and started showing him the basics of sign language.

"Later, I'll teach you how to say 'Fuck you'." she promised. 

--------------------------------------------------

It's been a week since the disappearance of Midoriya Izuku.

The only piece of evidence that he went out was the footage from the security cameras outside the apartment. He'd slipped out in black clothing and was holding his phone up. The police were trying to make the photo clearer; it looked like a GPS page.

Other cameras showed him near the gas station, a convenience store, and other various locations that were not connected in the slightest. The police had made a map of the area and were tracing a line through Musutafu.

It was taking an awfully long time to find him. And what if it was the work of a transportation quirk or something else? That would take even more time, especially if the quirk user wasn't registered in the official records.

Tsukauchi definitely needed to stock up on coffee. A few of the interns had suggested dropping the case since Midoriya Izuku was quirkless, but Tsukauchi quickly shut them down.

God, the new generation was so immature.

Tsukauchi dumped more stacks of papers on his already flooded desk. Just staring at all the sheets were giving him a migraine. It didn't help when Sansa deposited an extra stack in front of his face, saying that the chief needed him to finish these by tomorrow.

 He let out a half-hearted 'Yay'.

Just realized that I named the character after Tanjiro's fake name from the new season lol

If you don't know what I mean then just read the manga or watch the anime :D