Prologue

"Mom?"

Little Izuku approached his mother cautiously. After their appointment with the doctor, she'd been oddly silent for the entire trip home. Izuku didn't like it.

Did he make his mom upset?

Slowly, Inko Midoriya turned her head to stare at him. Izuku flinched at the look in her eyes. The ones that used to be filled with love had been replaced with a heart shattering glare. A look of disgust was painted on her face as she hissed out, "Don't talk to me."

Izuku was almost crushed by her tone of voice. He was confused and scared. She never spoke to him like that. Even when he'd accidently cracked her glass vase while running around dressed as All Might, she'd only gently but sternly reprimanded him. 

"Did I do something wrong?" he whispered out, clutching his All Might figurine tightly in his hands. Slowly, he walked towards his mother cautiously.

SMACK

A loud bang was heard as Inko flung her hand back, sending her child back onto the floor. A dark red mark was on Izuku's face. He paled. She'd never hit him before.

"I told you not to talk to me!" she yelled, anger in her eyes. Izuku teared up before scrambling into his room, panting heavily. His small hands shook as he sank onto his knees, crying quietly.

He didn't know what had happened. 

It was after the pediatrician had affirmed him as quirkless. That was when everything changed. But Izuku didn't know why Mom had lashed out. 

"No matter what your quirk is, I'll always love you!" she'd said just last week.

Huh?

No matter what your quirk is. That was the problem.

He didn't have a quirk. At that, Izuku almost started bawling. But after he remembered how angry his mother was, he opted to silently crying, his All Might toy lying on the floor next to him.

He didn't understand. 

--------------------------------------------------

It was a bright sunny day. Little Izuku was standing in the park, waiting for Katsuki Bakugo, whom he called 'Kacchan'. After a while, he finally spotted his friend.

Or his soon-to-be tormentor.

"Deku!" Bakugo called out enthusiastically. "Did you get the results yet?

What results?

Oh, right.

"I did, Kacchan." Izuku answered quietly. Bakugo jumped up and down in excitement. "What's your quirk? Tell me!" he asked.

Izuku squeezed his eyes shut. "I'm quirkless, Kacchan..."

After a while of silence, Izuku opened one eye and his face scrunched up in shock. The look of contempt on his best friend's face was so intense, it was almost suffocating. Bakugo raised his fist angrily. "You're quirkless? Then how are we going to be heroes together, Deku!" His question was more of an angry statement. 

"'Deku' suits you perfectly. You really are useless." Bakugo turned around and stormed out of the park in fury, leaving Little Izuku in shock.

"Kacchan?"

Bakugo turned around the corner and disappeared.

Not Kacchan too! 

Without his mom and Kacchan, he had nobody! Did everyone really hate him now?

Izuku trudged back to his house, tears falling.

He knew he would have to brace for whatever was coming tomorrow at school.

--------------------------------------------------

Little Izuku was more hurt than ever.

After his teachers announced to the class that he was quirkless, all his old friends had steered clear of him. They pointed at him and whispered to their other classmates, saying, "He's quirkless!" or "Let's leave that loser."

It was terrible.

Home was no better. Inko ignored her son and refused to look at him, leaving food on the table and going straight to her room. They never spoke, so Izuku would always be met with silence whenever he said something or tried to initiate a conversation. 

Izuku was sad. He didn't like how everyone had changed in just the blink of an eye.

Hello :)

My writing skills aren't perfect, but I hope you enjoyed.

Cya in the next chapter :D

This book will have attempted suicide, self-harm, and other sensitive topics.

(Note from the future: my concept of what Izuku goes through is honestly kind of strange, but all my thoughts are strange. Please bear with my stupidity and I hope my idea is plausible and enjoyable. Thank you for clicking on this book.)