Chapter 1

Izuku was currently ten. School was out and the students were getting ready to leave. Except for him. Izuku like to stay up at the school roof. He was left alone there, since nobody ever went up. Who would, if they knew he was there?

His mind was filled with thoughts that no child should have.

Bakugo and his lackeys approached his table, smirks on their faces. They knocked his notebook and his phone out of his hands, before taunting him. Izuku's eyes were full of sadness and fear, and Bakugo took pride in making him feel that way. Yet, something felt off.

Everything else they said was a blur. Izuku was too scared to pay attention.

(A/N I know this is a bit different, and they're supposed to be fourteen, but plot conveniences are necessary. Thank you for understanding.  :D)

"Just pray that you'll be born with a quirk in your next life, and take a swan dive off the roof of the building!

Giving him a smirk, Bakugo and the others walked out the door, obviously pleased with what they'd done.

They didn't understand the weight of their words.

Izuku was in disbelief. Slowly, he picked himself off the floor and grabbed his book and phone, not making a sound. He slung his bag over his shoulders and left the classroom, making his way to the stairs that led to the rooftop.

Izuku laid his arms on the railing that lined the perimeter. His notebook was in his hands as he flipped through it idly. Right now, he was thinking about what Bakugo had said to him.

It hurt, but not as much as he'd initially thought. Honestly, he kind off expected it sooner or later. 

 And honestly? He wanted to do it. He wanted to give in to the cold, yet kind, arms of death. He wanted to welcome it and meet his end. Nobody in the world would mind. He was nothing but a weakling in society.

Yet, he felt it was a bit soon. 

Izuku decided he'd wait a week before deciding.

--------------------------------------------------

Time was almost up. Izuku had to make a decision. 

He had performed some experiments. He asked his mother if she would care if he was gone.

She ignored him, as usual. 

He asked Bakugo if he would care if he was gone. 

Bakugo said no and smirked.

He asked his classmates if they would care if he was gone.

They laughed and pushed him to the floor.

He asked his teacher if he would care if he was gone.

His teacher ordered him to return to his seat.

Izuku came to a conclusion: No one cared.

After hours and hours of mental storms, he decided on his answer.

He was going to do it.

--------------------------------------------------

⚠️TW: Attempted suicide. Please skip if you are uncomfortable with this topic. Thank you.⚠️

Izuku waited till dark before he left his room. His mom was sleeping in the other room, so he tried his best to stay quiet as he slipped out of the front door. Checking his phone, he found the directions to the nearest abandoned building. It had seven floors. High enough to ensure death. Heroes rarely patrolled near there, too.

Izuku didn't know why, but his heart felt lighter. Why, though? He was going to be dead soon. Then, why did he feel slightly elated? Was it because he didn't have to worry about anything else after he was dead? After all, he spent the whole day in his room, thinking about it. He didn't eat and didn't change clothes, so he was still in his uniform. His mom didn't bother.

He liked it, how he felt a small bit of happiness.

The building had no doors, so Izuku didn't need to struggle against a locked door. He spotted some stairs at the corner of the room, and headed straight for them, climbing at an even pace.

It was dark at midnight.

Finally, he reached the top.

Slipping off his red shoes, he placed them on the concrete roof next to his phone. The air was cool and the wind was calming.

This was it.

It was the end.

Slowly, Izuku sat on the edge as he stared at the view below him. It was almost peaceful. He took a deep breath. No more stalling, he thought. Do it now. 

Izuku jumped.

The wind in his hair. The adrenaline coursing through his body. The pure joy and the raw peace he felt.

His brain didn't scream at him, his heart didn't claw at his throat.

Whatever it was that he was experiencing felt amazing. He liked it.

No, Izuku loved it.

He wanted to savor it more. To find more hidden feelings that would make him forget about reality. Izuku didn't understand why, but he couldn't help but smile. No words could express the exhilaration and bliss that his mind and soul just screeched at him, like a banshee. It was deafeningly loud. He wanted to stay like this forever.

What was it about this that he adored so much?

But as Izuku's eyes met the gray concrete, he remembered what was about to happen, what this would all lead up to. Why he was falling in the sky in the first place, and he almost felt disappointed. At least I'll finally be dead, was his mental response. He closed his eyes and braced for impact. Waiting for the sound of his bones cracking. Waiting for the blood to spill and stain the cold floor. Waiting for the sound of his life slipping away for good.

He wondered where he was going to go. Heaven for never being mean to anyone in his life, or hell for being quirkless and committing suicide. The latter felt much more likely.

This is it. I'll actually be dead in mere moments.

Will anybody notice when I'm gone?

No, I don't think they will. No one ever cared to begin with. 

Just as his body was about to hit the pavement, he felt something wrap around his torso, and he was hoisted up.

Yall can probably guess already

Ain't much of a cliffhanger

But meh -~-