Chapter 3

Aizawa had just wanted to finish his patrol and sleep.

He was crouched on the ledge of a building, scanning the area for crooks and villains. He, unlike many pro heroes, preferred to patrol at night and in silence. Attention was not his favorite. 

He observed the streets. Nothing out of the ordinary. 

Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted something.

Wait, there's someone falling from a building!

Aizawa leaped from his spot and dashed over the roof. Whipping out his capture scarf, he shot out a strand and encircled it around the figure's waist. 

The figure turned his head, and Aizawa made out the features of the boy.

Dark green hair and dull green eyes, currently wide open. Eight freckles dotted his cheeks, four on each side, and for some reason, they were perfectly symmetrical and formed a diamond.

Aizawa had talked to him. He was young, looked about nine or ten.

He was giving up on life without even living it. Part of Aizawa wanted to know why he seemed so desperate, yet the other part didn't want to intrude. It's not like it was any of his business to begin with.

But he couldn't just let him die.

After a while, the green-haired boy left the building, leaving Aizawa on the roof. Aizawa peered over the edge to see him making his way down the street, looking slightly disappointed. 

Aizawa decided to keep an eye out for him.

--------------------------------------------------

Izuku glanced at the window. It was dark outside.

Perfect.

This time, he didn't bother going at midnight. Ten would do just fine. He grabbed his phone and pressed the saved location on his GPS, following the twists and turns that the screen displayed. It would take some time to get to his destination. 

Izuku's screen was bright in the dark sky. He was grateful for the extra light, since the street lamps around the area were broken, casting a dim glow.

The shop was straight ahead. Izuku gently pushed the door open and coughed. 

Paint cracks lined the vine-covered walls and the floor was covered in dust. It seemed to be an old café, as there was a countertop and several tables and chairs. Those, too, were covered in dust. The curtains were old and grimy, covering the stained windows. 

He shone the light from his phone to find the stairs. They were tucked in the corner of the room, the wood old and full of holes. It didn't feel safe to climb up, but he did anyways.

At the last step, the stairs crumbled and collapsed in a heap of wood. Izuku didn't care. He was going to be dead, so he wouldn't need them to leave.

Another staircase was in the middle of the room. Izuku climbed it to find another room.

God, this café was big. It was a shame nobody wanted it.

Izuku climbed up all the stairs to the top. It was a rooftop patio, with a table in the center and sofas lining the edges. A cloth canopy hung over his head, probably to block the sunlight during the day. It overlooked the Dagobah Municipal Beach Park, and would've been a beautiful sight if there wasn't massive piles of trash 

It was a nice place in general. 

Izuku slipped of his shoes and placed the phone on the table. The sofas were blocking the rim of the roof,  probably to prevent the customers from slipping off the edge. It was inconvenient, but it would have to do. He climbed onto the back of the sofa and stared at the drop. 

With a swift motion, he turned his back and let gravity do the work.

There it was again. That feeling that he didn't understand but absolutely adored.

Why? What was so great about falling to his death?

If he actually survived this, he was going to test something out.

He hoped he didn't survive it. But still, there was a possibility that something could go wrong.

The faint sound of cloth zipping through the air and something stopping his descent proved his point.

Eraser Head heaved him onto the table, scowling at him. 

"What was that?"

Izuku tilted his head in confusion. "I thought I told you yesterday. I'm trying to die." 

Eraser Head sighed and patted the couch. Izuku didn't get it. What was he doing? The pro hero noticed his confusion. "It means sit."

"Oh."

Izuku walked over and sat down. Eraser Head sat next to him. "I just want to ask some questions, is that okay?" he asked. The green-haired boy nodded. 

"Do you have any family?"

"My mom doesn't care about me and my dad is gone."

"What about friends?"

"The entire school hates me. Even the teachers and the staff."

"Why do they hate you?"

Izuku hesitated at that question. He was a little afraid that if he told the hero about his quirkless status, he'd just walk off, the same disgusted expression on everyone's face. Without realizing, he started to mutter quietly.

What were the pros and cons?

Pros? He didn't know, honestly. Eraser Head technically fought quirkless, but he still had one, and that was a fact.

Cons? There were too many to count. 

"Kid."

Izuku looked up. Eraser Head had a tissue in his hand. He brought his fingers to eyes. He didn't notice he'd started tearing up. Izuku took the tissue to be polite and dried his eyes. 

He was too embarrassed to look at the hero in the eyes. He'd promised himself he wouldn't ever mutter again when he was eight, but the habit was too hard to break out of.

Izuku could feel Eraser Head staring at him.

"I didn't really get what you were saying," the hero said. "But I heard something about being quirkless," Eraser Head frowned. "Is that the problem?"

Izuku stiffened. He'd found out. He mentally cursed at himself.

He nodded his head slowly, waiting for the hero to say that this was a waste of him time and leap off to continue his patrol.

"So what?"

Izuku's eyes went wide. He raised his head in disbelief. 

"Quirkless people are still people, aren't they?"

Izuku had never heard words like that before. Without realizing it, fat tears found their way out of his eyes and trailed down his face.

Eraser Head grabbed a pack of tissues and held it out.

Izuku held up his hand, wanting him to wait for a bit. His other hand covered his face.

He felt overjoyed.

Sup.

We all love Aizawa. I personally am VERY obsessed with Dadzawa.

He's beyond amazing. 

Hope you guys enjoyed that kinda wholesome part. Izuku finally showing emotion

Yay :D