Chapter 10

(A/N that absolute masterpiece is NOT mine. But this is kinda what I think Izuku's like in this story.)

 It was dark tonight, the glow of the street lights were dim. Izuku wondered where the moon went; the streets were almost pitch black.

The app on his phone told him it would be half an hour until he reached his destination, before a shortcut popped up, almost tempting him to walk through it.

Izuku did not fear for his life, so he obliged and clicked the icon. Ten minutes until you reach your destination, it said, directing him into a nearby alleyway. The map showed twists and turns that strangely formed a crooked 'M', to Izuku's amusement.

Into the dark, eerie alley he went. He continued straight for a while, then turned right at the crossroad. Left, then right, then straight ahead. Izuku decided to speed-walk; the stench of the garbage rotting in the metal trash cans was not enjoyable in the least.

He wondered if Eraser Head was going to patrol today. He didn't know much about the hero's schedule, but it was as if he was always there to stop his fall with his capture weapon. Izuku would call it annoying, but he knew that he himself was the annoying one, bothering Eraser Head with his problems.

The light from his phone was the only thing providing light for him to see, albeit a very faint glow. Izuku's heart pounded in his chest as he turned the last corner, only to be met with another dumpster, this one currently blocking his path.

He thought about what he could do, tapping his fingers against his arm as he mused.

Izuku did not notice the gaping hole behind him, edged with smoky black-and-purple streaks. Izuku did not notice the hand reaching out. It grabbed his arm and pulled him through with little effort, before its brother hand stuck a needle into his arm and pushed the contents into his bloodstream. 

Izuku struggled to open his eyes. He spotted a man standing over him. Why was there a hand on his face? At least, he thinks it was a hand. He wasn't sure.

Everything was so blurry, the edges of his vision were turning black. It slowly spread to the rest of it, and he couldn't keep his eyes open anymore.

Izuku fell limp to the hard concrete floor.

--------------------------------------------------

The man laughed to himself. A successful kidnapping. Shigaraki waved Kurogiri off.

The misty Kurogiri opened a warp gate underneath the boy, sending him into a room and onto a bed. He himself entered the room with a blanket and a pillow.

Kurogiri slipped the pillow under the boy's head and covered his body with a thin blanket. It was not much, but it was all he could do for now without Shigaraki yelling at him for 'pampering the brat'.

He exited the room to wait for what he had to say.

--------------------------------------------------

Shigaraki switched on the television to report to his master about his catch. A quirkless ten year old boy. Possibly eleven? If he had a quirk, the drug from earlier would have caused his body to smoke. Sensei had mentioned something about needing someone without a quirk for something special, so Shigaraki was sure he pleased Sensei.

He, in fact, did.

"Good job, Shigaraki Tomura," Sensei praised. "I am proud of you and what you did. You have saved the trouble of finding one myself."

Shigaraki was happy. He made his Sensei happy and that was all that mattered. He thanked his master and inquired the purpose of the quirkless boy.

Sensei had chuckled lightly before answering. "Don't worry. I will tell you soon enough."

His vague answer had gotten Shigaraki even more curious. But it was late, and he did not want to disturb his master any longer, so Sensei gave him some instructions before he went off to bed himself.

He'd mentioned giving the boy food and water to prepare him for the surprise, so Shigaraki bade Kurogiri to give him some leftovers.

Shigaraki smiled. He couldn't wait for the surprise.

--------------------------------------------------

Izuku was terrified, a feeling he was familiar with.

He'd woken up in a dark room, with nothing but a bed. It was too dark to see anything else. There was a door up front; Izuku saw what seemed to be the glint of a shiny metal doorknob.

He had to escape. He had to leave.

Izuku tried to crawl out of bed, slow and shaking. Whatever they injected into him, it was making it very hard for him to move. He didn't manage to get out of the bed before someone turned the knob, opening the door with a soft click.

Izuku stared at the person, trying to adjust to the light. Their face and hands were misty smoke, black in the middle and purple streaks on the tips. Their eyes were a bright, glowing yellow. They were wearing a uniform of some sort, a dark green vest over a white button-up shirt and a black tie.

There was a sort of metal casing around their neck, made of what seemed to steel plates or some other metal. A metal brace.

In the stranger's hands was a tray carrying a bowl and a cup.

"Oh, my. It seems you've already awoken." The person's voice was deep and was most likely that of a male's.

"I'm Kurogiri," he introduced himself plainly. "Are you hungry?"

Izuku eyed Kurogiri warily as he placed the tray on a table he didn't notice.

He didn't want food. He wanted to know why he was here. He wanted answers.

Kurogiri pulled something from the pocket of his pants. It was Izuku's phone, with a fresh crack mark on the screen. It didn't seem too bad.

"I'm sorry for taking your belongings, but I'm afraid we can't allow you to have your device." Kurogiri said as he slipped the device back into his pocket.

For a kidnapper, he was very polite.

Kurogiri switched on a light and left Izuku to eat in peace, which he appreciated. He stared at the tray. What if there was something inside, like poison or a drug of some sort?

Izuku sniffed it once. Twice.

He settled on eating it. He didn't care.

It was a warm bowl of yakisoba and the cup was full of water. Izuku didn't think he tasted anything bad, but he wasn't sure.

He ate the food and laid back on the pillow.

What was going to happen to him?