13. Anger Management

Start from the beginning

That one fucking moron that was trying to jack me for my chain in particular.

He literally charges the stage, zeroing on me like wild bull. But that bodyguard of mine finally proves himself to be somewhat useful.

Not that I really needed him at this moment. I could take on the deranged guy myself. But that would equal extremely bad press for me, won't it.

So that's where having somebody else do the dirty work for me comes in handy.

The bodyguard, he violently pushes dude back. Then, the rest of security takes care of him, and he gets thrown out.

I still feel on edge though.

I finish performing Brain Damage, then go into the next song, then the next. Proof is right by my side, continuing to bounce off my energy. My fans continuing to eat up every single word that we utter on stage.

Then, next thing you know, the show is over and I leave for backstage.

Only to come back for a little encore. I do the My Name Is song for them, and now I'm really done.

I storm backstage again, still feeling on edge.

Don't really know what exactly is wrong with me, might be that I'm coming off them drugs.

"Yo, Slim, you straight, dude?" Somebody asks me.

I don't even pay attention enough to see exactly who it is, before I just cut them off.

"Fuck off!" I cut them off real quick, wiping my face off with a towel. I then grab a bottle of water and unscrew the cap.

Just as I take a swing, I feel a small hand touch my shoulder.

"Marshall," Melody says tentatively.

And I immediately recognize her voice, I do. But in this particular moment, I could care less about the girl. As far as I'm concerned, she's an enemy.

"Bitch, what?!" I spin around and, before I even know what I'm doing, I slap her across the face.

I have no idea where it comes from, and I immediately regret it.

Melody's eyes go wide as she stambles back.

Once again, you could literally hear a pin drop. Everybody around us kind of freeze.

"Mel," I say slowly, swallowing the lump that is suddenly formed in my throat. "I'm so sorry, baby. I didn't mean to."

"It's okay," her voice sounds unnaturally sweet.

Melody presses her palm against the flesh of her cheek where I striked her, the walks up to me, closing the distance between us.

Next thing I know, she balls up her small delicate first, and punches me as hard as she possibly could in my jaw.

If you thought everybody around us was shocked before, you ain't seen nothing yet. Once again, there's this uncomfortable, awed silence.

"Mr. Mathers?" My bodyguard steps forward awkwardly, not exactly sure what exactly what he should do on this situation.

I kind of feel for the guy and his dilemma. Melody isn't exactly a threat to me. Anybody with a pair of two eyes and half a brain can see that. And yet, it would be his job to do something about the fact that she just put her hands on me. Even though I clearly put my hands on her first.

Just for the record, she ain't hit me hard either. This girl can't punch for shit. But just the mere fact that she was was even bold enough to do something like this in a room full of people.