My life is so interesting!

Note the sarcasm.

We walked into the mansion and a guard told us that everyone is waiting for us in the dining room. So, we walked to the dining room and everyone is already seated. 

As soon as we walked in, everyone stood up. I guess, out of respect for dad, they stood up as he came in.

We walked to the table and I went to my usual seat. I noticed Vince stood at the seat opposite to mine and Angelina, Dylan and Ace moved to the next seat than usual, leaving the head of the table for dad.

Dad walked to his seat and sat down and then all of us sat. I looked at him and noticed his face has turned stoic and eyes blank and cold. Just like Vince.

But Vince's eyes are much colder than usual. All of them greeted dad and dad greeted them back in an emotionless voice.

Dad was very soft and gentle around me then why the sudden change?

I don't know and no one seems ready to tell me so I'm going to just leave it.

"Good evening, da-", Angelina greeted but stopped at the end and cleared her throat.

"Good evening, Angelina.", dad greeted. His voice went a little soft at her, but far less gentle than the one he spoke to me with.

Angelina looked quite tensed and is just looking down at her plate. Vince cleared his throat and ordered the dinner to be served.

The dinner was served and we started eating silently. No one spoke a word. In fact, I could feel a huge tension in the room.

I don't know why but I feel the tension is between Vince and dad. Dad had a stoic face and Vince's eyes are colder than usual.

He's scary!

On the other hand, Angelina looks extremely tensed. She hasn't lifted her head since the dinner started. She's just picking at her food and not actually eating.

I wonder what's wrong!

After a while of eating in silence, Angelina stood up suddenly, startling everyone. She didn't look at anyone. Her body was tensed and palms fisted. I could see sweat droplets on her forehead.

"I-I'm not feeling w-well.", she said and walked out of the dining room quickly.

What was that?

Did Angelina just stutter?

Weird!

"Angel", Ace called and was going to stand up but Vince's voice stopped him.

"Complete your dinner, Ace.", Vince said firmly and Ace didn't say anything after that.

We completed our dinner and it was quite suffocating to sit in the room for long as I could clearly feel the rising tension. 

After dinner, dad kissed me on my forehead and wished me a good night and I wished him back with a huge smile.

I was going upstairs to my room and remembered how Angelina walked out of the dining room. I thought of checking if she's okay, but Theo beat me to it.

He walked into her room and closed the door.

I sighed and walked to my room. I'm sure he'll manage Angelina well.

I freshened up and slept peacefully after a long time. 

Next morning, I woke up and saw a note at my bed side table. I picked it up and read.

Dear Princess,